We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours etc.

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morinville, AB...
tours etc.

My wife and I will be staying in the Kona area for 15 nights starting Friday the 27. We don't do a lot of tours but typically book something for the next day if we are so inclined. Are there any tours that we should book in advance so as not to be disappointed. As well the names of some reputable tour companies would be much appreciated.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
1. Re: tours etc.

What things/activities do you enjoy doing? You will have a rental car, right? :)

Morinville, AB...
2. Re: tours etc.

Yes we will have a car. No long adrenaline junkies. :) Culture, relaxation, obviously the volcanoes but from the reading here may have to book another place on the other side of the island for a few nights, photography, both of us want to do a lot of snorkeling as well but are not experienced, wantt o do a luau but not one of the ones where there are 1,000 of us attending

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
3. Re: tours etc.

I like Tom cashback tours website. It's a good place to review most tours, even if you don't use them to book. Just google and you should find it. I really like the morning snorkel tour on the Fairwinds.

Morinville, AB...
4. Re: tours etc.

Toms is excellent. thanks

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
reviews: 69
5. Re: tours etc.

If you're inclined to do a manta ray night snorkel or Waipio horseback ride, both of which are two of the few tours I consider "must dos" I would book them in advance. I like Jack's for the manta snorkel. The Mauna Kea summit tour as well, I like Hawaii forest and Trail.

Morinville, AB...
6. Re: tours etc.

Thanks Shea

Morinville, AB...
7. Re: tours etc.

Shea Is there a particular Waipio horseback ride you recommend? And a good stable.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
reviews: 69
8. Re: tours etc.

All of the outfitters have good reputations. I have the most experience with Na'alapa, and they're very good.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 202
9. Re: tours etc.

I highly recommend snorkeling at 'two step'. You can see many fish once you enter the water. If you've never snorkeled before and do not feel comfortable, you could do a tour.

10. Re: tours etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona