We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

!Question for Hawaiidan about Big Island Air tours

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
!Question for Hawaiidan about Big Island Air tours

Hi again.

You have mentioned Big Island Air tour numerous times, and how great it is. You say about 2 hours. Since we have such limited time, we might consider it.. but....

1. If I am prone to motion sickness- how bad is it? I will be taking dramamine.

2. Can photos be taken from the plane?

3. Since my fiance and I are not "little" people, is the plane comfortable enough for 2 larger adults? I know that the helicopter services charge for one and a half tickets if overweight, and wondering if they do the same?

I just am not looking forward to taking a full day tour by bus, or missing out.

Thanks

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
reviews: 58
1. Re: !Question for Hawaiidan about Big Island Air tours

HawaiiDan is offline for a while. He's on vacation. He is doing a little posting so if you're lucky he'll answer your questions. I don't remember if your trip is coming up right away or not, but if it is you might put another post out there for anyone to answer or do a search on the forum for Big Island Air and see what others say or check their website for the answers to your questions. In our experience with some friends who are in your words not "little" people, for helicopter and airplane tours you tell them your weight over the phone when you book. When you arrive, they weigh you on a scale that is hidden from everyone else except the person checking you in. They did not charge them extra, but did have to compensate by not booking others on our tours because the total weight is limited not total people. One of them is prone to motion sickness and it didn't bother them at all. They used the patch. Photos can be taken from the plane and helicopter. These tours are really terrific in my opinion when time is of the essence.

New York
2. Re: !Question for Hawaiidan about Big Island Air tours

Hi Bips

Thanks... Dan was the only one in the search of the forum that really recommends Big Island Air tours over the helicopter.

Yes.. I am getting married in 2 weeks, so I will be there on the 26th.

I have been patiently waiting for the patch, but the manufacturer has not been supplying them to drug stores for months, and they are on back order. So.... kind of scared to take a small plane.

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona