We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation with my extended family.

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
oregon
Vacation with my extended family.

We've decided to take our extended family on a trip to Kona next sping.

We've (parents and 2 children) have stayed at the 4 Seasons and at the Kona Village in the past and liked both very much. However, with 10-12 people planning to attend we'd like to find a beach front home to rent. We'd consider the presidential suite at the four seasons but at 5k or 7k a night, it's a "bit" out of range. Grin.

My sisters don't get to go nice places and I'd like to treat them to something very special.

Suggestions?

Palm Springs...
reviews: 62
1. Re: Vacation with my extended family.

Aloha.......

Try Knudsen Realty....they have a lot of nice beach houses but not like the four seasons.... and in a beach house they dont have room service , maid. or bellmen......your it. I dont think that these homes will , however be up-scale and exclusive. for your family if you want to impress them as you say.

I think that you can hire a service staff, maid and chef to make your rental the 5 seasons..... figure about $700 a day I would think.

Or hire a caterer to serve your meals,

Most of the fine restauraunts have private dining rooms for special parties...of 10 to 35... Ask .

A maid to clean, a stretch limo and driver to drive and a bar tender to serve drinks. and figure a house of 6 bedrooms is going to cost 10K a week..... + your staff another 5000, +food and liquor at 100 per day per person so about 7000;

So for about 22K for a week you colud have it all.....your own life style of the rich and famous and save 12K off the four seasons. thats a 50 % savings..

Budget about 2k for arrival....Special treatment as below.

A suggestion......I did this once...but not in hawaii.

When your plane lands.....have a private helcopter ($1700 per hour, meet your airplane and transfer to it next to the plane a whisk you to your rental home or land at the hotels VIP helo-pad ( they have them but don't advertise them)

You'd be suprised how the staff treats you and you don't even have to ask for an up-grade cause' they are not going to give you a garden view..... A Bell 206 or A 310, out classes a rolls in the driveway and gets managments SINCERE attention. expect the General Manager of the Hotel to greet you in person. (Reference pretty woman, the movie)

I would also try the Mauna Kea......it is an "old money" hangout and there are a number of very nice private homes that you might rent....very Rockefeller and Cabot country....... reserved and quiet.

The Mauna Lani Villas have their own pool and butler and are about $4000 and include a chef. and $1000 a night cheaper.

Sounds like you want to budget for 3K to 4K a day....

Let me know when you do.......... I have never spent over$1000 a day on a room. nor over 500 on a meal....and your considering over that......I am impressed......SIR, you have my undivided attention.....

HD

Honolulu, HI
reviews: 3
2. Re: Vacation with my extended family.

Try calling teh Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Beach Bungalows. The Bungalows are AWESOME! I got to tour these a few months back, and was so impressed! They have several of them in a separate area, so you could rent 2 or 3 for your party and take turns hanging out at everyone else's place...you get the luxury of a world-class resort and its amenities at your doorstep, but the vacation home-style atmosphere. The bungalows come with limo service, butler, etc. Hope it helps!

kohala coast, hawaii
reviews: 31
3. Re: Vacation with my extended family.

aloha seasoned, the bungalows at mauna lani are about $2600 a night for 2 bdrms.... :-(

Palm Springs...
reviews: 62
4. Re: Vacation with my extended family.

Aloha........I thought Mauni Lani charged 4000....now its 2600.....there goes the nieghborhood..........rats

dont they have the "villas too" may be I was thinking of that..it incluces pool and chef......

HD

Kapaa, Hawaii
reviews: 97
5. Re: Vacation with my extended family.

Try www.hibeach.com and check out Hale Naia. We've rented from the Stice family many times before and found them to have great houses on the best beaches in hawaii. The house is not actually in Kona, but in Kealakekua Bay, about 20 minutes away. You'll see spinner dolphins jumping in the bay every morning and have great snorkeling at Captain Cook, but no chauffeur or cook, sorry.

Cockeysville, MD
reviews: 14
6. Re: Vacation with my extended family.

Try www.Ladydee.com. This company represents a number of homes throughout Hawaii and has quite a selection, even for 10-12 people. Dee is most accommodating, and can provide concierge service, which means helping you set up a number of additional options (chef, maid, etc.)

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona