We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

Which Medulin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 3
Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any sandy beaches anywhere within easy (1-2 hours max) driving distance of Pula?

We want to see some of the area and are planning on hiring a car, will have kids in tow so a sandy beach would be nice if possible, from what I can see most of the coastline around Pula, Porec is stone..................??

thanks in anticipation.

USA
1. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

I think that www.croatia-beaches.com should answer that question unless you sus that already and you are looking for insider information from local Croatians.

Rijeka
reviews: 1
2. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

I am taking a wild guess but I would say that first (North-ish) pure sand (both towel place and the shallow sea bed) you will find at island of Rab

scotland
3. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

Thanks guys,

Kefa - where is the island of Rab?

Do you know if we can take the car..........is there a causeway.........or ferry?

cheers

UK
reviews: 37
4. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

Lovely sandy beach in Medulin.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
reviews: 5
5. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

Rab is an island in the Quarner bay- Nort Adriatic approachable by ferry. There is a very big sandy beach called Rajska plaža

USA
6. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

I believe the ferry for ran leaves the mainland from jablanac...correct me if I am wrong.

Rijeka
reviews: 1
7. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

Ferry from Jablanac operates through out the year.

But during the season Rab can be reached from island Krk (Baska port) to Rab (Lopar port).

From Istria to Krk fastest way would be via bridge (at Kraljevica).

For those with vagabondo spirit there is a way to Krk via island Cres (Valbiska port)

Earlier was mentioned Medulin beach ...maybe it is a rel deal....I do not know for sure if is it good for the toddlers.

USA
8. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

Should have mentioned baska! Great pebble beach there, with sand in some parts of the towel area and the shallow swimming area, not not completely.

scotland
9. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

thanks again everyone for all the info, suggestions and directions.

we're off to Pula tomorrow, can't wait..... will be trying to see as much of the surrounding area as we can, and catch some relaxation on at least one of the sandy beaches mentioned!!

:-) :-)

10. Re: Any sandy beaches in Istria!!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Medulin
Recent Conversations
More Medulin Topics