We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth going?

Which Soll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 24
Worth going?

Hi

Anyone know what the skiing is like in soll for next week? I've a holiday booked but might cancel as the snow is so bad.

Thanks

15 replies to this topic
Leeds
reviews: 20
1. Re: Worth going?

Just looked at the snow report and only 63 out of 91 lifts open, so it doesn't look great.

I was there the last week in Feb and it was unusually warm (14 degrees on the lower slopes) and no snow in the village. With that in mind however they have loads of snow machines and the piste was great up until around 2pm, then a bit slushy on the lower slopes after that.

If you have got a really cheap deal then I'd say you will get some decent skiing in, but if not I personally would try and re-book somewhere else where the conditions are better. For more accurate advice you could always find the Crystal Soll team on Twitter and ask them, as I'm sure they would tell you what the score is locally. Good luck and hope you have a good time wherever you end up. I managed to fracture my tibia and tear my cruciate ligament on day 4, so you'll hopefully have more luck than me!

Bristol, United...
2. Re: Worth going?

I'm all paid up unfortunately! Stubai glacier is an hours drive apparently so if it all goes t*ts up might drive over there. Thanks for the insight much appreciated. So you think ill at least be able to get some skiing in? At those temps I assumed it would be slush all day and too hot for the snow canons to work!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 28
3. Re: Worth going?

forecasted temp for Austria today was 21o C !!!!!!!!

if going with a tour operator, you could find that they will arrange a trip to a higher resort. above kitzbuhel could be a possibility

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
4. Re: Worth going?

I hope you look to the following

www.bergfex.com

this will provide snow situation and also forward weather forecast. Not just for Soll but elsewhere.

As you know of Stubai , it would seem you visit before .

Ski early am - temperatures at altitude help for firmer snow.

Bristol, United...
5. Re: Worth going?

thanks! I don't know which to believe http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Soll or http://www.bergfex.com/soell/wetter/prognose/

I certainly hope the latter!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 28
6. Re: Worth going?

I have just heard that some resorts are now closing, due to lack of snow. have a look at the cameras on the bergfex site. snow at top but absolutely minimal lower down.

Exeter, Devon
7. Re: Worth going?

Hey Bristol,

I'll try to keep it short cos i'm meant to be packing......................................at some point

Am also going to soll 22nd march, staying at the Mounty, (don't start me on that one) and am beginning to freak out with all the snow reports.

Seen your post, read the replies got the T-shirt and eaten all the pies and viewed every cam in the austrian alps, and although i'm aiming to tour around all the milky way, it's looking more dodgey as each day passes, maybe i shouldn't worry so much cos There IS gonna be snow at the tops and mid section of the mountains( although you may wanna get your mountain bike out the cupboard for the bottom slopes).

ANYWAY................Crystal haven't got back to me yet about my wi-fi request, but if they DO & i can find out if they do "Trips" e.g Kitzbuhll (?) 8 kms away, salbach/hinterglem or anywhere with snow, if you're up for it then i'll keep you informed, cos awaydays are always worth it.

Oh by the way....on that Skiwelt Wilder kaiser brixental website thingey, go to the interactive map (piste/snow stats) and hover over the pistes and lifts and you can see the open/closed results, daily. (to be honest it makes for dissapionting viewing if you were planning on caneing every piste @ Skiwelt) but at least you get the jist.

so good luck, and if you wanna hook up, i'll be the one cryin, sat on my bottom

Michael Tom thompson

Exeter, Devon
8. Re: Worth going?

P.S. i'm FIVE minutes from Exeter airport

Now THAT'S a result if nothing else

Bristol, United...
9. Re: Worth going?

Haha that made me chuckle.

Thanks, yes defo keep in touch.

Although, it seems we might be in luck! All the forecast are predicting big dumps over the weekend over 50cm on some forecasts and temp dropping a lot. Now our problem will be white outs but at least we will have snow!

Wakefield
reviews: 3
10. Re: Worth going?

Unfortunately the only semi-decent skiing is until 10am, then it really isn't worth it.

Reply to: Worth going?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted