We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow forecast for this weekend??!!

Which Soll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 21
Snow forecast for this weekend??!!

We are arriving in Soll saturday..yay!

Am aware that it has not snowed since the 26th January, seeing reports that it's due to snow this coming weekend which would be perfect for us!

Anyone have any more info?

Thanks

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
1. Re: Snow forecast for this weekend??!!

I assume that you have looked to

www.skiwelt.at

it provides current weather and 3 day prognosis - snow depths - ski report

look to the webcams too- note brown spots some places-

Recent warm temperastures have not helped lower altitude ski resorts.

I would not expect much from any predicted snow event - as this would seem limited at best from weather reports

Perhaps better to ski earlier in the morning while things are still cold from the night and conditions are better .

Having not been in that area lately - can not provide more.

you can also look to the following for more weather

www.wetter.at

Good Luck !

munich
reviews: 38
2. Re: Snow forecast for this weekend??!!

Last weekend it was warm and pretty porridgey/slushy.

Still warm at the moment. Temps due to drop slightly this weekend. Maybe some rain/snow at the weekend and maybe odd shower during the week. Generally mix next week of overcast with sunny spell. Daytime Temps above freezing. Nighttime below. Possibility of snow showers.

Some bare areas away from the piste

Edited: 4:43 am, February 10, 2011
Ireland
reviews: 21
3. Re: Snow forecast for this weekend??!!

Thanks a mill

Keeping an eye on skiwelt, looks like we might get some over the coming days

Its funny, because obviously there's nothing we can do about it, but I just want to know!!

Edinburgh (Scotland)
reviews: 112
4. Re: Snow forecast for this weekend??!!

Good to see some fresh snow, I'm off to Soll on the 5th March, I was there two years ago and it had some of the best conditions that I'd every skied on. It was like icing sugar on the piste and go 5 metres off-piste and it was thigh deep powder snow. Hoping for the same this year, hopefully the snow is just coming late this season.

5. Re: Snow forecast for this weekend??!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:56 am, February 24, 2012