We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Upper Austria

Which Zell am See hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia, PA
reviews: 22
5 days in Upper Austria

Hello,

I will traveling to Upper Austria late July. I have 5 days. I would like to spend one day in Salzburg and one day in Innsbrook. The other days I would like to spend in a lake town. I have read nice things about Zell am see, Hallstatt, and Wonfgangsee. I am looking for a place that I can get to easily using public transportation and has good hiking trails. I will be on my own and will need reasonable lodging.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Grant

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 1
1. Re: 5 days in Upper Austria

Among the towns/lakes you mention , Zell am See probably ranks first in terms of ease of access. . It also has some cable car and gondola lifts that take you up to the Schmittenhoehe, from where you can do some nice hiking. Additionally, Zell also offers bus connections to Kaprun and the base of the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier, as well asbus tours to the top of the Grossglockner pass.

Hallstatt is also accesible by train and boat, but - in my opinion - does not offer the variety of hiking opportunties, plus the town is smaller and offers fewer restaurant and lodging opportunities. St. Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee can be reached by bus from Salzburg, but the Hallstatt limitations also apply here.

Scotland
reviews: 1
2. Re: 5 days in Upper Austria

Yes. as the last post said Zel is a great base.Loads of nice walking and all very accessible. Train from or to Saltzburg is on time and good price. Try Gruner Bahm apartments in centre, reasonable price and great location for going anywhere

3. Re: 5 days in Upper Austria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 03, 2009