We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Which Mayrhofen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Hi, can someone advise me? I've booked a holiday via lastminute.com ( actually with Ingrams) to Mayrhofen and will be going with my family ( two adults, one child and one infant) in 2 weeks. We are a littke concerned about where we will be staying and what it will be like. Has anyone else booked a similar holiday? Would a 1 x twin room be big enough for the four of us?? I have requested a cot but with the accommodation being 2* we fear the room will be tiny!

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
reviews: 4
31. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

I'm sure that you'll be fine. When you get back click on my name on here, then go to messages and leave me a private message. Good luck and have a great trip.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 24
32. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Read all your useful info! we go on weds 20th for a 2 center, move to kitsbhule, do you know any info on that area??

Thanks nurse Carol

Manchester, United...
33. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

We might be at the same resort, leave weds 20july from man, but we move to kitsbuhel on sat, might see you there ok, and have a lovely hol! chris

Manchester, United...
34. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Hi Chris, yes Nurse Carol has been great with all the info and advise. Hope you have a lovely trip too. Is this your first time going to mayrhofen or have you been before? I haven't come across the place you have mentioned, how far is it from Mayrhofen?

Ash

Manchester, United...
35. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

HI, Its the Hoffer hotel in kitsbhule, think its 2hr train from Mayrhofen. Weather looks dodgy? will take cagoule.

How about you?, I booked through thompson, a bargain deal.

Reply if you have time! cheers chris.

ps wndered about duty free cigs?

Manchester, United...
36. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

I went through last minute.com and the price now is £100 more!! Can't trust the weather so packed for sunshine and rain :-) Just want to get onto the plane and get there lol

sorry can't help with the cigs as I don't smoke but I'm you'll be able to buy them once in the waiting room. Just ask at the shop if there are any limit.

Edited: 8:09 am, July 19, 2011
Manchester, United...
37. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

We're back after our visit from Mayrhofen!! It's such a beautiful place even in the rain and sun. We stayed in a guest House Rieser. To be honest it wasn't very nice at all. The shower leaked, crackes in the sink, noisy bed each time I turned around or got up it creaked. The bed sheets were never changed and towards the end of the stay neither were the towels changed. The room was pretty small for the 4 of us.

Breakfast was a drag as it was the same thing each day and no hot breakfast was available.

Apart from being disappointed with the accommodation the rest of the holiday was great!! We went the Kimmler falls, Hintertux, trip to Merano- Itlay, Jenbach, Rattenberg was lovely and finally to Achensee. Most of trips were organised by Ingrams but they were a little expensive. Good for people going for the first time so that you become familiar with the places but if we are to go again I rather use public transport. We did buy the Z cards and managed to travel on 3 different cable cars and used it once on the bus and train. Although we managed to make up the cost by going up the cable cars twice I don't think we used them to the max. due to going on the day trips with Ingrams.

Overall it was a lovely holiday, more places came to light towards the end of the holiday as we found new walking paths.

It was raining for most of the week but the last 3 days it was dry and sunny.

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 5
38. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

Me and my husband have stayed in Mayrhofen four times in summer houses and twice in winter houses. never been allocated the same hotel twice and they have all been excellant. One of the summer houses we were allocated had a large bedroom, seperate bathroom and a kitchen area with fridge, cooker, table with four chairs and also a very large balcony.All accomodation has been 5-10 minutes walk from main centre but this was never a problem. Many places to eat out, from traditional Austrian fayre to pizza places, chinese etc and very reasonable. Kostner bakery and cafe on the main street are very good value for either sit in or takeaways. Another brilliant place is Hans the butchers at the top of the main street opposite the penkan cablecar station. here you can eat in or take away. Hans sells veiner schnitzel, cooked chickens, sausages, spare ribs, burgers, fish, chips,all served in fresh rolls, potato salads and many many more mixed salads, beers,soft drinks coffee etc very very reasonable. Weather can be unpredictable (we went in April this year still expecting snow and cold weather and were surprised at the 28 degree temperature every day and had to buy shorts and t shirts) having said that we have been going to Austria for 18 years (not always mayrhofen) and have always been very very lucky in the summer with mainly very hot weather, but you are in the mountains so take something waterproof for the occasional heavy downpour which mainly happens late afternoon evening after very hot days. take your own small kettle and cups if you want a cuppa in your room as they are not supplied in austrian hotels.once we have used ours in the mornings we have put the kettle on the bathroom floor (as these are always tiled) to cool off as the austrians class these as fire hazards but are okay with you using them responsibly. You must get out and about and go up the mountains on the cable cars and use the buses and trains they run on time not like in England. hope you have a wonderful time, we have loved Austria for years and are trying St Johann this year at their summer houses.

39. Re: mafrhofen summer houses booked via lastminuite.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mayrhofen