We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August 2013 Trip Report

Which Custer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Livonia, Michigan
August 2013 Trip Report

We're back and had a great time! Duh, right?! Who goes there and comes home and complains? Maybe someone that hadn't been given soooooo much great information by the users here(;

Our trip was about 20 days and I've only finished 14 of them but I wanted to post what I've finished so far. I'm an elementary teacher and I've wanted to play around with Google's Blogger for class to see if it was something we could use or not so 2 birds 1 stone. It's not the best tool for a project like this but it hasn't been too bad. Ignore the posting dates and the August/September headers.. we weren't posting daily. I've titled posts day 1, 2, 3 etc so start at 1.

kaunelis.blogspot.com/2013/08/july-31st.html

I hope at least one person will learn something from seeing it. I personally enjoyed looking through everyone's pictures so maybe at least people will get some pleasure there.

14 replies to this topic
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
reviews: 35
11. Re: August 2013 Trip Report

I loved the whole report, Mr. D. I have a feeling you may not top this trip, but I think you can equal it. Our great country has so many wondrous sights. It will merely be a matter of time before you are planning your next road trip. Once you get the bug, it's hard to stop.

Miami, Florida
reviews: 5
12. Re: August 2013 Trip Report

Just posted something but not sure if it went through so here goes again. Your trip and photos are excellent. And of course the kids are adorable. We are also planning on being in that area next year late Aug. Was it very busy and crowded? We only have 2 weeks to spend - so if you were to do your trip in 2 weeks what would you cut out? What were the trip highlights and what would you do differently next time. Thanks a lot for any help.

Philadelphia
reviews: 7
13. Re: August 2013 Trip Report

Thanks for the great report and pictures. Our family is headed out that way (minus the Grand Teton but adding Big Sky, MT) next Fall. Your pics and writing give me so much more to look forward to.

Livonia, Michigan
14. Re: August 2013 Trip Report

If we had less time it would be difficult to choose things to drop. My gut reaction would be to make sure we saw the bigger points of interest and drop the longer hikes. Thanks for the compliments - really glad this helped ppl!

Reply to: August 2013 Trip Report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted