We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Presidents Resort in Custer - what's it like?

Which Custer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, Ohio
American Presidents Resort in Custer - what's it like?

I'm hoping to find people who've actually stayed at the American Presidents Resort in Custer (campground). Anyone know what the tent sites are like or have any other info. about the facilities? I'd love to hear anything about this place, even if you've just heard about it from other people. Thanks!!

South Dakota
reviews: 1
1. Re: American Presidents Resort in Custer - what's it like?

I stayed there in 2003 with my son and one of his friends. We stayed in one of the smaller cabins. Nothing real special about the cabin but it was ok.

My son and his buddy loved the pool. It's huge. Also have a hot tub. Fire rings at each site. The gift shop/store is well stocked with camping supplies and food. You can probably get the food cheaper at a grocery store in Custer or one of the big chains in Rapid City.

I would stay there again. With tent sites, you can probably get away from the crowd more than in one of the cabins. Proximity to Custer State Park is great - about 2 miles.

My son almost had a nervous breakdown because cellular service was very poor. Me, that was one of the things I liked about it.

South Dakota
reviews: 1
2. Re: American Presidents Resort in Custer - what's it like?

I forgot to mention that the employess there were all great. Very friendly and helpful.

Have a great time!