We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post for Milhouse or Other

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
Post for Milhouse or Other

Milhouse, you mentioned something about a small room at Le Pavillon in one of these posts. I'll be in NO in about two weeks as a first timer in that hotel in a king room. Are the certain room numbers or floors to stay away from? Also, is a cab the best way to get to the FQ, I'm gathering from the info here that it's a distance away from our hotel.

Pasadena, CA
reviews: 14
1. Re: Post for Milhouse or Other

Out of the many times I've stayed in NO, I've only stayed at Le Pavillon once (been to the hotel a few times, but stayed there only once) -- so I'm not so sure what rooms/floors to have you avoid. As an older grande hotel with varying room sizes, I think there are smaller rooms on every floor, but I can't be certain. The room I had when my wife and I stayed there was miniscule (but I think they gave us a Queen bedded room since the hotel was overbooked - if I'm remembering correctly). I think you should be fine with a King room.

As far as cab vs. walking from Le Pavillon. When my wife and I go to NO, we generally go there with lots of restaurants on our minds. Thus, we end up walking just about everywhere we go to make ourselves feel better about all of the food and wine consumption. When we stayed at Le Pavillon, we walked from the hotel to the FQ just about every time (with maybe an exception here or there --- especially when going to areas other than the FQ where a cab or the streetcar is a must). Depending on how fast you walk, it might take 7-10 minutes from Canal Street to the hotel. I do think, however, that most people cab it. It just depends on how much you want to walk as you'll be doing a lot of that in the Quarter as well.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Southern California
2. Re: Post for Milhouse or Other

Thanks for your help/advice. I've been following this forum for a couple of weeks and have come to recognize you as a knowledgable source. I feel better about the distance issue now, but is it safe?

Pasadena, CA
reviews: 14
3. Re: Post for Milhouse or Other

Thanks for the nice words -- I do hope others give their opinions as well.

The walk from the FQ to Le Pavillon is quite safe - my wife wouldn't dream of doing the walk if it wasn't :>)

The walk takes you through the heart of the CBD. Further out the neighborhood begins to change and become a little unsavory (as you go towards Uglesich's - a great, but popular lunch spot), but the area in between Le Pavillon and the FQ is very safe to walk in.