We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in NOLA in next March

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Budakeszi, Hungary
Where to stay in NOLA in next March

I am going to participate on a conference in New Orleans in the second half of March 2007. It will be held in the Morial Convention Center, I think. I am searching for a hotel or B&B which isn't too far from the convention center nor from the French quarter. I prefer the rooms where the daily rate is not higher than 150 $. Could you recommend me a good place. I will stay in NO about a week. Should I rent a car, or the public transport and walking allows me to get to know the town?

Thanks for your help!

New Orleans...
reviews: 62
11. Re: Where to stay in NOLA in next March

I seem to recall a recent positive review of the Omalley house on TA recently. Hotel and B&B rates vary widely, so I can't really speculate what the rates would be....and yes, as others have suggested, I believe the Ambassador may have been okay before the storm, but now it just sounds AWFUL. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It must be lacking staff and/or good management. You can look on the TA hotel reviews site (under B&Bs) to see others' reviews of B&Bs here.

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 51
12. Re: Where to stay in NOLA in next March

I recommend the Crescent City Guesthouse in the Faubourg Marigny at 612 Marigny St.. You could walk 3 blocks from the B&B to Esplanade and Decatur and catch the riverfront streetcar to get to the Convention Center. I believe their rates are just $99 with a self serve continental breakfast. The B&B is gay owned but all kinds of people stay there. I have stayed there 3 times and I am not gay so I wouldn't worry about that.

http://www.crescentcitygh.com/

Houston, Texas
reviews: 15
13. Re: Where to stay in NOLA in next March

I have personal knowledge of the O'Malley House and La Maison Marigny. I've stayed at the O'Malley House numerous times, and I've been inside La Maison Marigny and I've seen the rooms. The hosts/owners at both properties (Brad and Larry at the O'Malley House and John and Dewey at La Maison Marigny) are educated, personable, articulate people who have a genuine interest in doing everything they can to insure that their guests receive maximum enjoyment from their trip to New Orleans. The rooms, furnishings, window treatments and bed linens at both properties are luxurious. The breakfasts are great, and the interaction of the hosts makes you truly feel welcome.

If you stay at La Maison Marigny, you'll have a walk of four or five blocks to the nearest streetcar stop (The Riverfront Line), which will take you to one end of the Convention Center. The location of La Maison Marigy can't be beat. It's just across Esplanade from the French Quarter, and it's two blocks from Frenchmen Street, which, with its restaurants and jazz clubs, is the center of what's happing in the Marigny.

If you stay at the O'Malley House, you'll have a walk of about one-half block to the nearest streetcar stop (Canal St. Line). This will take you downtown, where you can either transfer to the Riverfront Line or walk the four or five blocks to the Convention Center. The O'Malley House is close enough to the streetcar stop so you can get downtown in 15 to 20 minutes, yet it's removed from all the noise and glitz. The neighborhood is very peaceful, and quiet evenings on the porch swing are wonderful. There are also some very good restaurants within a few blocks.

The web sites of both properties support online booking. This enables you to check for availablilty and price on specific dates.

www.lamaisonmarigny.com

www.1896omalleyhouse.com

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 15
14. Re: Where to stay in NOLA in next March

hi, i just wanted to write a response about the gay bed and breakfasts. I went to New Orleans for spring break in march 2005 and I stayed at a gay b&b even though I was not gay. I did wonder if it was alright to stay there, or if someone would have a problem with it, but the owner emailed me and told me it was perfectly alright, and I had a wonderful time. I stayed at the burgundy, which is in the faubourg marginy area, and it was nice, but it was a hassle to walk from the french quarter late at night especially when you're a 20 year old girl with other girls who has no idea what they were doing. definitely check it out tho, cause I'm already planning my new orleans spring break trip when i'll be 22 baby and able to drink on bourbon street ,although it didn't stop me much last time:)

Kaleefornee-uh
15. Re: Where to stay in NOLA in next March

We have stayed at a few different properties in and out of the French Quarter. We stayed at the Chateau Sonesta in 2002 in the FQ, then in a quaint little cottage in the middle of the FQ called The Tolouse Cottage in 2003, The Wyndham Canal Place in 2004 on the edge of the FQ near the river, and on our last visit we stayed Sunburst Inn in the Faubourg Marigny.

Although the Faubourg Marigny area has many nice B&Bs, for me it would be much more convenient to stay somewhere between the FQ and the convention center.

During your date, most of the nicer hotels in the convention center area are anywhere from $150 to $300. A decent choice would be the Country Inn & Suites on Magazine. The price is probably around the $150 - $180 price range and includes breakfast. It's a newer property that was renovated from several historic buildings in 2005, so everything is up to date.

16. Re: Where to stay in NOLA in next March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 22, 2009