We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 1
Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

Hi there! My husband and I will be in NO Fri to Sun, short trip:( This is actually our 2nd short trip and now the 2nd time that we can't get a reservation for Cafe Amelie. Can anyone suggest a similar type of restaurant for lunch or any other that will take away the disappointment of not getting in for the 2nd time? Thanks in advance!

15 replies to this topic
Mitchell, South...
1. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

They are on a much needed vacation for two weeks and are closed at both locations. Bayona ,430 Dauphine, has lovely small courtyard seating.

New Orleans...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

I love the courtyard at Bayona as well :) Seems casual, yet romantic to me!

New Orleans...
reviews: 125
3. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

I just had some guests go to Cafe Amelie last week and they left after one drink because they had a series of bad moments--they decided to go back to Bacchanal Wine instead, which they had discovered their second night here (it's one of my faves too.) Great music, great courtyard seating and AMAZING food--the male guest has been a chef for 30 years and he was going on and on about how good the food is. It is kind of casual but very New Orleans. You may also want to check out Feelings Cafe, although I haven't been there yet.

Chicago
4. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

Too bad about Amelie, but I'll be sure to check out these other suggestions!

Chicago
5. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

Thank you for the info! There are so many places we'd love to try and sooo little time!

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 80
6. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

I had lunch at Cafe Amalie on my last trip to New Orleans - I didn't have a reservation, just went over for lunch and was seated in a few minutes. It was on a weekday, a bit after regular lunch time - more like 2pm - so maybe an off time would work?

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 3
7. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

Perhaps Orleans Grapevine. Not for lunch, but they open at 5 for bites and drinks before dinner.

Mitchell, South...
8. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

november_moon, they are closed for vacation!!

Birmingham, AL
reviews: 28
9. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

I've not been to Cafe Amelie, so I can't compare, but I agree with LydiaG that Bacchanal is a wonderful experience. I see that they're open at 11am, but I've only been there at night. Thursdays with the Courtyard Kings is my favorite. LydiaG, have you been there for their lunch?

Another suggestion would be Vacherie. They have a very nice courtyard and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 80
10. Re: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....

Ahhhh. That would explain it.

Reply to: Cafe Amelie is a no go.....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted