We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boise, Idaho
reviews: 30
Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

Seems that when it snows back east, it is a super-duper big deal in the media. But you never here about places like ours. Well, it is snowing here in Boise (again!) and the 7 day forecast is snow every day! We are so ready for our trip to New Orleans, arriving just 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Is it snowing where you live? Anyone else ready to leave the snow for Carnival in New Orleans?

58 replies to this topic
Albany, New York
reviews: 29
1. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

It IS snowing about 8 inches already today and still coming down!! Sunday supposedly THE BIG ONE is coming....who knows!! I do know THAT I AM READY and waiting for next thursday, first time visit and the excitement can not be contained!! just waiting to see the forcast so i pack already!!! Have a great trip!!!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 60
2. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

I's been snowing since last night and it's STILL snowing! We must have at least 8 inches of snow by now.

Only 24 days till New Orleans! Boy am I ready for that!!!!!!!

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 3
3. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

No snow here in the desert, but there is up along the Mogillon Rim.

A cold front is moving through bringing the highs down to only the mid 60's until the weekend; then back to the mid 70's next week.

Toronto, Ontario...
4. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

my "Big Boss" was in NOLA last week and said it was 32 and snowing...

IT BETTER BE WARM in 24 days!!! I leave work in an hour or so and just dug my car out of 2 feet drifts.

Did I mention I hate winter!

Edited: 1:46 pm, February 05, 2014
New York City, New...
5. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

The older I get, it seems that the winters get worse; but this has been a particularly brutal winter in NYC with no let up in sight. An Ice Storm today on top of 4 inches of snow last night. Sunday forecast has the potential for up to 30 inches! Yesterday we booked our 4th N.O. vaca. March 24 can't come soon enough.

Edited: 1:49 pm, February 05, 2014
New Orleans...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

Herm, I really think/hope we are done with winter here (I too hate it).

Those few days a couple of weeks ago were crazy, not because of the tiny dusting of snow, but it really was darn cold.

The trip is coming up so soon now, isn't it? :)

Boston...
reviews: 24
7. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

About 7-8" here, still snowing, and looking like 12"-14" by the time it's over. I'm afraid to look at the long term forecast :-)

No NOLA trip scheduled, but my daughter is heading there tomorrow (IF she can get outta Boston!) and I am jealous.

New Orleans...
reviews: 11
8. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

Oh Willow, just pack up and come. Other having a friend stay here for Mardi Gras, we're open on other dates.

Toronto, Ontario...
9. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

Stephen...SO SORRY to hear that. We had an ice storm here just before Christmas (which is how I ended up booking NOLA!) but it was the worst thing ever and I hope I NEVER have to see ice again...except in a glass!

willow, I hope air schedules are back to normal by tomorrow...there's another one (storm) coming Sunday, so hopefully she'll get out before that hits! Like Rodent said--you should just GO!!!

Rodent, you ain't felt COLD till you've hit -40! I shiver thinking of that polar vortex! 24 days (but hey, who's counting?! LOL!) I'll e-mail you when I get home!

Boise, Idaho
reviews: 30
10. Re: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?

Hermicane ~ this winter, it has rained ice just about every time that the weather dropped from around a warm 30 to a cool 20. It usually starts as a slushy ice and later turns into snow. This morning, we woke up to about 15 degrees and snow.

I hope New Orleans is warm when we get there. 60 degrees is shorts weather for me!

Reply to: Snow by You? Are You Ready for New Orleans Yet?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted