We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sugar Land
reviews: 372
B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

My husband & I will be taking our 16yr old son to NOLA in June for two nights, to visit the WW2 museum, eat yummy food, and maybe take a swamp, airboat, or ghost tour. We like to stay in B&Bs or hotels with local flavor if we can. So far, I haven't had luck in finding a B&B with a suite-like room for 3 available. We can do the downtown Homewood Suites, but if anyone has suggestions for a B&B or a "local flavor" hotel that offers suites with sofa beds, I would really appreciate it.

Sugar Land
1. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

also, would prefer the room to be under $300

Dallas, TX
2. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

Hotel Villa Convento has loft rooms:

http://www.villaconvento.com/

Union City...
reviews: 34
3. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

Avenue Plaza in the Garden District, also you can catch the street car if you wish to visit the FQ, it stops right in front and can take you to Canal St.

New Orleans...
reviews: 125
4. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

I also recommend Hotel Villa Convento as well as The Biscuit Palace (top floor suite--one bedroom's walls don't go all the way to the ceiling though) and also the Bourgoyne House.

Sugar Land
5. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

bummer! The Villa Convento would have been perfect, but it's not available. Will explore other suggestions

Nashville, TN
reviews: 7
6. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

Did you call the Villa Convento? When I booked my upcoming trip back in January, their website wasn't showing any availability for the room type I wanted, but when I called, they did actually have some available and accomodated me. They are very friendly and great to work with.

7. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

Maison De Lagniappe in the Marigny has a room that would fit the bill. Wonderful owners, walkable to the Quarter, charming home.

Sugar Land
8. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

I called the Hotel Villa Convento, and they had two rooms available, but they didn't work. I just emailed Maison De Lagniappe to see what they have available. thank you so much for your suggestions

North Carolina
reviews: 18
9. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

This B& B has a 2 bedroom apartment in your price range. We stayed there with our 3 children--it is great. It is uptown (one block from the streetcar line, or a very easy drive to the French Quarter

http://www.chezelliemarie.com/site.php

Ledyard, Connecticut
reviews: 4
10. Re: B&B or "New Orleans flavor" hotel for parents & teen?

Hotel de la Monnaie is our favorite place to stay in New Orleans and would work for you. Read reviews on trip advisor.