We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes for the season

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Litchfield...
Clothes for the season

Ok so now on to what to wear for mid march. Is it short weather? Sundresses? Or a mix of jeans possibly shorts if hot one day? Or is it just plain cold. :-) I looked for this question so as not to repeat but it was all for December or July. Thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
1. Re: Clothes for the season

I would not make that decision weeks in advance. Wait until your trip is closer and see what the weather is like.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
reviews: 264
2. Re: Clothes for the season

Bring "layers" to wear.. and a raincoat. It won't be TOO cold or TOO hot but it could be some of each. Two Marches ago my kids were swimming and sunning in the hotel pool. Last March I got cold walking back to my hotel. One March it rained each day. Rain drives me crazy in New Orleans because it is such a great walking town. Rain water puddles in irregular walks and streets and no downspouts work, so little waterfalls dump on your head at unexpected moments!... and of course, so close to the coast, rain pops up unexpectedly. It is one of the few locations I travel that I bring along a small umbrella with me. Or you can just pick one up at Walgreens!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
3. Re: Clothes for the season

I not very good at describing women's attire, but my most handy NOLA visit garment, something lovely wife is now envious of, is a light-weight, unlined, breathable fabric (very important), windbreaker type rain jacket with fold-up hood, something that can fold up into a medium/large purse or other sachet. You can layer underneath, thick for cold or thin for warm, and it comes in handy when the only reason you're chilly is the wind off the River hitting you while you're in the shade. I got a black one that goes with most anything, rain or shine.

Edited: 4:05 pm, February 20, 2013
Ottawa
reviews: 32
4. Re: Clothes for the season

We have found wind and dampness to be an issue in NOLA. Last March we brought layers.... T-shirts, light hoodies, and as Loop recommends, most importantly, a windbreaker/rain jacket. We also brought shorts, capris (me) and long pants (jeans). The forecast was that mixed. As it turned out we had beautiful warm weather and only wore the light things shorts/flip flops, but better to be prepared for any of it.... hope this helps.

Karen

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 92
5. Re: Clothes for the season

I never seemto worry about the weather when in thefunky pirate

Litchfield...
6. Re: Clothes for the season

Love the advice all! I will bring a little of this and a little of that! What i dont bring i will buy!!! :-)

Kansas City
reviews: 4
7. Re: Clothes for the season

I need a LIKE button for CajunYank's post. Previous posters have nailed it though, the weather can be unpredictable and year round I plan layers. Usually a tank or short sleeve top with a lightweight, breathable windbreaker type jacket. I have several that I love for NOLA, (Zynergy line from Chico's). Even in Summer I am happy to have something when the AC gets too chilly. I think there is a good chance you will want to wear shorts or capris so I would take some. Comfortable walking shoes are a must. Nothing puts a damper on a visit to NOLA like a blister from new or "cute shoes."

Edited: 10:52 am, February 21, 2013
chicago
reviews: 30
8. Re: Clothes for the season

I wouldn't even start packing until you can get a 10-day forecast because it's so unpredictable.

Also, the chill in New Oreans is a damp chill--so it can feel colder than the actual temp. So, even if the prediction is for the 70's, you'll want to bring a jacket.

Layers are essential--the sunny of the side of street feels 10 degrees warmer than the shady side!

9. Re: Clothes for the season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2014