We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday evening Mardi Gras Traffic

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
reviews: 48
Friday evening Mardi Gras Traffic

Group coming in Friday evening headed to Hilton Riverside. Watched the traffic pattern on google tonight & it looks pretty rough from I 10 all way to Tchoup exit & beyond. Would group be better off getting off at Clairbourne & going past parade routes in the garden district & then coming back on Tchoup? Or just be patient & hang with 90 to Tchoup exit. Thanks

Louisiana
1. Re: Friday evening Mardi Gras Traffic

Bump

New Orleans...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Friday evening Mardi Gras Traffic

Get off at Tchoup. Traffic will be epic, but they'll get there eventually. Back routes are not recommended if they're not intimately familiar with Carnival traffic, barricade sites, line-up areas, etc. Based on last night's MASSIVE traffic, they had best be a patient lot.

Edited: 2:16 pm, February 08, 2013
Louisiana
3. Re: Friday evening Mardi Gras Traffic

Thanks for your help.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 4
4. Re: Friday evening Mardi Gras Traffic

Speaking from experience..... The traffic is horrendous! We planned to be here by 12:30 or so and we just got here.(3 hours later than planned) I've never been so happy to exit a vehicle!

Louisiana
5. Re: Friday evening Mardi Gras Traffic

Thanks for the update. Was following traffic jam last night. Looks much worse today. My son's group will be later this evening. I have prepared them to just be stuck for a while. Makes me consider not coming over in the morning to have brunch with them.

6. Re: Friday evening Mardi Gras Traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 10, 2014