We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More trip report - NOLA: A Foodies Fantasyland

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
reviews: 22
More trip report - NOLA: A Foodies Fantasyland

Review and pictures of Commander's Palace and GW Finn's.

www.iberostarrocks.com

Edited: 10:10 pm, February 06, 2013
PA
reviews: 1
1. Re: More trip report - NOLA: A Foodies Fantasyland

Great minds think alike. Thanks for posting the pics of the food I had last week! LOL The pecan fish at CP swimming on a bed of creamed corn made me want to lick the plate!

Next time try the apple pie at GW Fins. The concierge at Lowes suggested it and he was right on.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 263
2. Re: More trip report - NOLA: A Foodies Fantasyland

Great report. Great photos. Great trip. Great family!!

We're returning to NOLA in October, for the first time since 1973. I'm planning to have my birthday dinner at Commander's, and GW Fins is also on my dining list. Recent mixed reviews had prompted me to take Brennan's off my still-too-big list, but your comments and pix have me rethinking that decision. The Eggs Benedict, Eggs Hussard and Bananas Foster all look as amazing as they did 40 years ago.

We still have our Brennan's menu from '73. I wonder if they would let us order from it (and pay those prices)????

:-D

Edited: 11:50 pm, February 06, 2013
PA
reviews: 1
3. Re: More trip report - NOLA: A Foodies Fantasyland

I just had breakfast at Brennan's last week and it was wonderful. Don't take it off your list.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
reviews: 22
4. Re: More trip report - NOLA: A Foodies Fantasyland

Final blog entry made of the trip. Last two restaurants we ate at were breaky at The Old Coffeepot Restaurant and lunch at Royal House.

NOLA is definitely a Foodies Fantasyland!

5. Re: More trip report - NOLA: A Foodies Fantasyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 12, 2014