We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

I am looking for a very upscale bed & breakfast near the French

Quarter or the West French Quarter in New Orleans for a visit in

March. I am very particular about where I stay preferring hardwood

floors, white freshly washed duvet covers, lots of light and a connection to a garden or deck. Plus great breakfasts served in the room or on a patio outdoors weather permitting. Thanks so much

for any suggestions you might have!

Toby

Kansas City
reviews: 4
1. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

Check out Ashton's Bed & Breakfast on Esplanade. It is a gorgeous house and grounds, beautifully appointed, bright and spotless. I think it is the in the top tier in the city and certainly walkable in the daytime.

The owners are also quite particular about how they maintain it. Don't think you will find anything better and they are talented cooks too. They have a website.

Good Luck

Edited: 6:56 am, January 30, 2013
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 78
2. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

I agree with KansCityKid about Ashton's. It is a beautiful bed and breakfast with a great host, Patrick, who prepares the most amazing breakfasts. I think it fits all of your requirements except I'm not sure about eating in your room or on a patio. When we stayed there we ate at the dining room table with other guests. Just a FYI, they do allow children there. I know that some people prefer b&bs that don't allow kids. We took our well-behaved granddaughters there several years ago and they still talk about it.

3. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

Please check www.bbnola.com. This is the Professional Innkeepers Association of New Orleans (P.I.A.N.O.) website. It is searchable by neighborhood.

Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

Toby, I can't (even in my wildest dreams) visualize a finer B&B than Ashton's

http://www.ashtonsbb.com

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 61
5. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

Here's another vote for Ashtons B&B! Beautiful, extremely clean, gorgeous grounds, great iced tea, great food, excellent staff, wonderful owners! Definitely Ashton's!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
6. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

I'm also a big fan of Ashton's, HOWEVER you specifically inquired about a B & B "near the French Quarter or the West French Quarter"; West French Quarter not being a locally recognized term. Ashton's is 10-12 relatively short blocks Northwest ("Lakeside") of the French Quarter, a pretty significant hike.

You should know that in addition to hotels, New Orleans has inns, guest houses and bed and breakfasts. Because of relatively strict local regulations requiring commercial grade kitchens for the service of "full" breakfasts, many of these properties, particularly those in or very close to the French Quarter, do not have the "full" breakfast component; Ashton's does.

Although I don't have a lot of first hand knowledge regarding these properties, you might want to check out Soniat House and Audubon Cottages, though both lack the "full" breakfast component. Innkeeper's referal to the bbnola website is also very well placed. One B&B that might meet your location, bedding and breakfast criteria is La Maison Marigny, though I also lack first hand knowledge of this property.

Edited: 12:11 pm, January 30, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 30
7. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

I was also going to suggest La Maison Marigny as my folks and in-laws have stayed there more than once. They also like Marigny Manor House and B&W Courtyards, two other near-FQ establishments.

San Francisco...
8. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

Thanks KansasCity Kid for your recommendation of Ashton's!

San Francisco...
9. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

Thanks Destination Expert for your reply to my search for a great B&B in NOLA!

San Francisco...
10. Re: Very upscale Bed & Breakfast close to French Quarter, New Or

Thanks Hermacane! I went on line to check out Ashton's and it looks fabulous!