We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
reviews: 4
Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

So excited to share that Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blues Band is going to be playing Sunday evenings,(8-12), at The Funky Pirate starting January 27. Love, Love, Love these guys.

So glad they are gonna be back in the FQ.

AR
reviews: 7
1. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

Thank You KCK! I love them as well, Glad Funky Pirate has FINALLY realized their mistake and is putting Willie back on the schedule. Hopefully they will soon add more nights.

Old Opera House has asked the Bonoffs to come back, but Janson (keyboard player and "boss") is having too much fun playing with Waylon Thibodeaux at VooDoo Vib, so that may not happen. . Alex is also still playing at VooDoo Vibe with a newly formed band... they're doing great.

Moncton, Canada
reviews: 47
2. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

Woohoo! Good news! It's going to be a great way to spend Sunday nights.

Bossier City, LA
reviews: 2
3. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

skt54, do you know if Alex plays at VooDoo Vibe on a certain night. Been trying to find out.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 11
4. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

Sounds like Sunday Funday at FP

Edited: 3:08 pm, January 20, 2013
louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 92
5. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

Great to have super good roadhouse blues with Willie back at the Funky Pirate!!!

AR
reviews: 7
6. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

Alex plays on Sunday after Waylon...5:00 p.m. I have seen him and his band at other times there also, but can't remember days/times for sure except for Sunday.

Bossier City, LA
reviews: 2
7. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

Thanks for the info, skt54. Unfortunately, we wont be there on the Sunday for our next trip (just there Friday & Saturday night) so I'll ask when we get there to see if they will be playing when we are there. If you happen to get the name of the band he plays the next time you are there when he is playing, can you let me know. Thanks again.

Flyover, Country
reviews: 8
8. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

I can't wait to see and hear Big Willie "The Hambone" Lockett and the All Purpose Blues Band again. Great music and what a fun bunch of guys. Very entertaining. I first saw them them years ago when they were playing at the old 544 club on Bourbon St. My wife and I have seen them many times since then but I'll always remember how much fun my lovely wife and I had that first time.

Kansas City
reviews: 4
9. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

Just got an email from Paul Boudreaux that the dates I posted are not correct. He said a schedule is being worked out and he will let me know. I will post ASAP when I get the info.

Edited: 4:18 pm, January 21, 2013
Flyover, Country
reviews: 8
10. Re: Willie Lockett & The All Purpose Blies Band coming back

There are several bands in New Orleans that describe themselves as Blues Bands but these guys are the real deal. Between Mark Penton and the Pentones, Willie Lockett and the All Purpose Blues Band and Big Al Carson and the Blues Masters the Funky Pirate has a Blues Monopoly on Bourbon Street.

Edited: 11:56 am, January 22, 2013