We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Charles street car near Provincial

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ILLINOIS
reviews: 81
St. Charles street car near Provincial

We will be staying at the Provincial and wondered if the St. Charles street car stop is close by? For most of our vacation, im sure we will take the street car or walk to most of the sights.

I tried to go under the website for St. Charles but they are having difficulties with their sight.

Thank you

Illinois

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 76
1. Re: St. Charles street car near Provincial

No, it isnt particularly close by. Maybe 10-15 min walk. Everything in the FQ is walkable though. You will only really need the St Charles streetcar for visiting the Garden Dist. The Riverfront streetcar runs a couple blocks from the Provincial.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
2. Re: St. Charles street car near Provincial

Although I consider Hotel Provicial to be fairly well located, it is not particularly close to the St. Charles or Canal St streetcar lines, or Canal St itself, although, as prevously said, it's certainly walkable. Hotel Provincial is relatively close to the Riverfront streetcar line, but it only passes every 20 minutes or so, less than that between 6 PM and 9 AM, making it much quicker to walk to the St Charles line than to transfer from the Riverfront line via the Canal St line . If the nature of my visit requires daily visits to the Canal or St Charles streetcar lines or the Central Business/Warehouse/Arts Districts, I usually opt for Upper French Quarter (the half closest to Canal St) or Central Business District (but less than two blocks from Canal St) lodging. But if you just want to journey to Uptown/Garden District on the St Charles streetcar during one day of your visit, the walk from/to Hotel Provincial should not be all that much of a problem.

You may want to aquire and study a map(s) showing the French Quarter and surounding areas, Uptown/Garden District, and the relative location of the three (soon to be four) streetcar lines.

3. Re: St. Charles street car near Provincial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, January 06, 2014