We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Park and Golfing

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Deerbrook, Wi
City Park and Golfing

Need expert advice. Traveling down to the FQ in the middle of January with friends who want to golf. Our one friend has a bucket list to golf in all 50 states. Its our friends second time to the quarter and my husband and mine 10th trip..so I am familiar with the area. We have never visited to City Park.

I know we can take the streetcar to the City Park, but it looks like the park is huge and the golf course is on the far side of the street car drop off. Any suggestions on how to get from point A to point B? Is it walkable?

New Orleans...
reviews: 11
1. Re: City Park and Golfing

The park is one of the larger urban parks in the country - considerably larger than Central Park in NYC, if that means anything to you. Walking from the streetcar stop near NOMA to the golf course is impractical and there is no public transit within the park. You'll need to hire a cab to get to the golf couse. If you want to use public transit to golf, go play the course in Audubon Park. The golf course there is best reached via the Magazine St. bus.

Deerbrook, Wi
2. Re: City Park and Golfing

Would it be a better plan to take a cab from the French Quarter to the golf course at City Park. Any idea on cost for the cab?

New Orleans...
reviews: 11
3. Re: City Park and Golfing

Yes, that's what I meant, a cab from the Quarter to the golf course. I am guessing roughly $10-15 one way.

Deerbrook, Wi
4. Re: City Park and Golfing

Thanks for the help.

5. Re: City Park and Golfing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 05, 2014