We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November 2013

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grantham, England...
November 2013

Hi We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in November 2013 We are going on a road trip from Dallas to New Orleans Would love some advice and tips of where to go and stay in New Orleans and where to avoid Thanks x

Pass Christian...
reviews: 71
1. Re: November 2013

I'd recommend the Marigny, French Quarter, or Garden district -- all as places to stay and for 'where to go'.

Missouri
reviews: 29
2. Re: November 2013

If this is your first time staying in New Orleans, the French Quarter is definitely the place to stay to be close to the action.

Grantham, England...
3. Re: November 2013

Thank you for getting back to me x I am really excited about going .

Missouri
4. Re: November 2013

Definitely stay in the French Quarter. Here, take your pick:

neworleansonline.com/neworleans/fq/fqlodging…

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 64
5. Re: November 2013

Definitely French Quarter - it is great to walk out the door of your hotel and have most of what you want to see close by. The weekend after Thanksgiving there is a big football rivaly between two colleges and it gets pretty rowdy in certain parts of the French Quarter, so if you are looking for a more laid-back experience, you might want to avoid that weekend.

Missouri
6. Re: November 2013

After you narrow down your hotel choices, you might come back and ask some more specific questions.......

Grantham, England...
7. Re: November 2013

Hi still looking at hotels but on our road trip we are going from Galveston to New Orleans It looks like we are stopping over at certain points .Lake Charles looks a nice place to stay over any ideas on places to stay from there we think we are going to divert onto the Grand Chenier to New Orleans From New Orleans up to Lafayette then across to Dallas stopping over on route. Any advise on this would be appreciated Thanks

NJ
reviews: 9
8. Re: November 2013

Not to piggyback onto the OP's question, but I am planning a trip to New Orleans in November as well, and doing some preliminary searching around the weekend of the 15th, most of the hotel websites are telling me rooms aren't available.

Is there something going on that weekend that all of the rooms are booked already, or is it because I am looking 11 months in advance?

TFK

Missouri
9. Re: November 2013

You might want to spend some time in Breaux Bridge, LA, near Lafayette on the way back. Put " Breaux Bridge" into the search box above for further info.

Chester, United...
reviews: 160
10. Re: November 2013

I have just returned from trip to US and visited New Orleans for 5 nights from Sat Mar 23. We wanted to stay in the French Quarter but all the hotels we tried had no availability for that period. As our flight did not land until late on 23rd, we decided to stay at an airport hotel on Saturday night-no problem. When we then looked for 4 nights in the French Quarter from Sun 24th we found rooms were available. We went straight to our hotel in French Quarter Sunday morning, left our luggage with the concierge and had the rest of the day in town. I can only suppose that there are lots more bookings for Fri/Sat night. Hotel rooms appear to be more expensive at weekends and it was much busier in town with more street bands on Sunday than for the rest of our stay. It may be worth looking at room bookings mid week just to see if it makes a difference-at least you'll know if the hotels won't take bookings so far ahead. A frequent visitor to NO told us that August is the low season because of the heat and hotels are cheaper then.