We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Room for 6

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
co
Hotel Room for 6

We have a group of 6 coming in late February. Only two of us have ever been to New Orleans before. We plan on staying in the French Quarter and want a good location more than anything. I am having trouble searching for rooms that accommodate this many people. It will be a mix of guys and girls, so it can't be a dump, the girls need something clean at least.

We plan on getting two separate rooms, but figured we would check out if we could save some money or get a nicer room if we can find a room that acommodates 6. Does anyone know of hotels we might consider that would be a better option that two separate rooms? Single rooms at hotels we have been looking at are in the 200 - 300 a night range. So if we could find a suite type room that would be cheaper in total, we would like to consider it. We would also consider a room for 4 that is big enough for a couple of us to sleep on the floor, but don't want a tiny room and trying to squeeze in 6.

Thanks for the help.

Moncton, Canada
reviews: 47
1. Re: Hotel Room for 6

You usually don't find the words "big rooms" and "French Quarter" in the same sentence. You're probably looking at getting 2 rooms.

I seem to remember though that the Iberville hotel, now a Marriott, has rooms that have a seperate living area. So if they have rooms with 2 beds and a couch that opens up to a bed, might be an option.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 61
2. Re: Hotel Room for 6

There is a HUGE suite at The Hotel Provincial that could probably fit six people in Building #3--the bathroom in that suite is big enough to have a chair lounger in it too. I have no idea how much it would cost especially for six people, but you could try looking there first! Other than that I would definitely recommend two rooms.

Edited: 2:31 pm, December 04, 2012
co
3. Re: Hotel Room for 6

Thanks for the quick responses. I will check those out.

I didn't expect to find much, but after seeing some of the balconies on bourbon street, I figured some of those room might be a bit bigger.

I appreciate the help.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
4. Re: Hotel Room for 6

I would go with the 2 rooms if for no other reason than not having to have 6 people share one bathroom!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 78
5. Re: Hotel Room for 6

Try the Biscuit Palace on Bourbon. They have a unit that will accommodate six.

co
6. Re: Hotel Room for 6

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it out.

Also, I guess I should clairify my french quarter comment. We will be basing most of our activities around the french quarter, but would be willing to stay in the hotels that put us in a good location for exploring that area. For instance, we could stay just on the other side of Canal and Bourbon st, although I know that isn't technically the french quarter. It would involve more walking and cabs, but given that area has newer hotels, I have been looking there to see if anything fits our needs.

Thanks.

Ledyard, Connecticut
reviews: 4
7. Re: Hotel Room for 6

You can get a two-bedroom at Hotel de la Monnaie for $190 a night. Will sleep 6; however, only one bathroom.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 61
8. Re: Hotel Room for 6

Jrhurt--The Provincial is in the Quarter. It's in the lower end in a more residential area close to Frenchman Street.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
9. Re: Hotel Room for 6

See:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k442865…

co
10. Re: Hotel Room for 6

Perfect! Thank you.