We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pedicabs

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 3
Pedicabs

The discussion of buggy rides made me think about pedicabs. We usually take cabs everywhere, and have never 'hired' one, but they seem to be everywhere now. Are they similar in cost? Do they have boundries? I mean will they go to Bywater from the Marigny, for example? Are they in the CBD as well as the FQ? Any info on rates and tipping? Good/Bad stories? Thanks.

And as an aside. if I had lived in NO, I probably would have done it when I was younger, as I love riding, and it would be a great form of exercise. And get paid for it.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 61
1. Re: Pedicabs

Gumbo--Those pedicabs will go almost every where! They are a lot of fun too even if they are a little more expensive than a cab (simply because it's people powered :) We did a Second Line Pedicab in May and hired out Bike Taxi Unlimited (the yellow ones) and all of those guys were awesome! It was a lot of fun and even the drivers seemed to enjoy themselves. So I highly recommend Bike Taxi Unlimited for a fun ride if you want one!

Like I said these guys (pedicab drivers) are all young and healthy and really seem to enjoy their job, so I have no problem with using their services at all! Let us know how you like them!

Moncton, Canada
reviews: 45
2. Re: Pedicabs

They are the best thing ever! Especially when you've had one too many, ok more than 1, and that hotel seems sooooo far away.... The only thing is, they are a bit hard to get in and out of, especially with a few too many. :-)

Schulenburg, Texas
reviews: 29
3. Re: Pedicabs

I consider that little bit of extra money (as opposed to a cab ride) as part of entertainment....pedicabs are such a fun way to travel around The Quarter and surrounding areas. Each and every driver that has pedaled us has been enthusiastic and appreciative. During our last trip in October on a chilly night, our pedicab was even equipped with a blanket. I highly recommend them, Gumbo!

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 3
4. Re: Pedicabs

Thanks everyone. I remember the pics from the parade, Deny. That looked like great fun.

5. Re: Pedicabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013