We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans in mid-March

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
New Orleans in mid-March

Folks

I've never been to new orleans but heading there mid-march. Are there more activities like food,music planned on fri-sun out there or weekdays are busy too? Would love some advice. I found some calendars but nothing giving concrete data about plans for march

thanks

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 68
1. Re: New Orleans in mid-March

There will be things going on all week long - Mon and Tue are the slowest and weekends are the busiest.

New Jersey
2. Re: New Orleans in mid-March

If you are there over St. Paddy's Day, you will find plenty to do for sure. I believe the parade in the French Quarter is on March 15, 2013. We were there a few years back and had a great time.

AR
reviews: 6
3. Re: New Orleans in mid-March

Start with neworleansonline.com for calendars, lists of hotels, restaurants, 50 free things to do, etc, read through past posts on the top right of this page, and then come back with more specific questions you might have.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 13
4. Re: New Orleans in mid-March

If you can get there for St Patricks day, that is a blast! Two parades I remember, one being in the Irish Channel and one in the French Quarter later that day. The parade in the Irish Channel threw cabbages and carrots from the floats along with beads

5. Re: New Orleans in mid-March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 17, 2013