We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay if going to superdome

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 1
Where to stay if going to superdome

How far is French quarter from superdome?

I am thinking of coming to New Orleans for superbowl

I've never been

While I'd love to be walking distance I'm fairly certain I should stay closer to French quarter for overall experience

Is this correct?

Wen searching (and yes I know hotels are hard but assume they aren't) which areas would you recommend as being acceptable if going to a game and wanting to experience New Orleans

I'm assuming cabs won't be easy nor cheap so want relatively decent walking distance

Thanks in advance for your help!

New Orleans...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Where to stay if going to superdome

The great thing about New Orleans is that you can easily walk from the Quarter to the Dome, about 2/3 of a mile from Bourbon/Canal intersection, in 15minutes or so. Unless you have a major mobility issue, it's a fairly easy walk. So feel free to stay in the Quarter to get the max atmosphere. There are also closer properties (the Hyatt is right next door to the Dome). Getting a room and an affordable rate will be the challenge.

New Orleans...
reviews: 83
2. Re: Where to stay if going to superdome

The cabs will likely be the only easy and cheap thing. Good luck finding a hotel room at an affordable rate asap! The hotel adjacent to the SuperDome is the Hyatt Regency and from what I hear is super nice with all of its renovations since Hurricane Katrina.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 11
3. Re: Where to stay if going to superdome

We stayed in the Holiday Inn by the Superdome one year when we came for a game and I would not recommend doing that. It is nothing about the hotels but there is not much around there that we wanted to do. We found ourselves either walking back and forth or taking cabs to the FQ and back. It made it difficult to make a pit stop at the hotel to drop things off or take a break.

I would highly recommend staying near or in the FQ and then taking a cab or walk to the game.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
4. Re: Where to stay if going to superdome

Most anything within the French Quarter or Central Business District (as typically designated) will be within walking distance of the Superdome. However, since you will only being going to the Dome once, and the NFL Experience is going to be in the Convention Center, I would think the ideal location would be within a triangle formed by the Superdome, Convention Center and Jackson Square (heart of the New Orleans experience), more specifically as close as possible to the intersection of St. Charles Ave. (Royal St.) and Canal St.

5. Re: Where to stay if going to superdome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about New Orleans