We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovin' Treme!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
reviews: 32
Lovin' Treme!

I have been watching season 3 of Treme and since I was enjoying it so much, I picked up the 1st season on DVD. I have season 2 on order. I'm watching one episode each night. What an incredible prelude to my visit in December. Thanks HBO! Any thoughts from other fans?

Karen

Lewes, Delaware
reviews: 117
1. Re: Lovin' Treme!

Lucky you!

After reading so much about it here on TA, I finally bought Season One yesterday (A Black Friday sale item). Got home and after getting the grandkids to bed, I got ready to watch the first one. The DVD player was dead! Seems that something that looked like Lucky Charms was stuffed inside the DVD tray area. Looks like I'll have to pick up a new DVD player.

2. Re: Lovin' Treme!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, November 24, 2012
Ottawa
3. Re: Lovin' Treme!

Oh no Kjosker! Lucky charms can't be good for a DVD player. Once you get a new one, I'm sure you'll enjoy the series. Let me know what you think.

Karen

Moncton, Canada
reviews: 45
4. Re: Lovin' Treme!

I'm sorry, but Lucky Charms in the DVD player?? LOL!!!

Funny you should mention this Greece, I just ordered season 1 and 2 from Amazon.ca (got a great price). I watched the 1st 2 episodes of the 1st season last night. It's sobering seeing all the Katrina stuff again, but I love the music and I love seeing NO!!! After I'm done my chores today, I'm watching episode 3 & 4 while sipping on a hurricane.

Ottawa
5. Re: Lovin' Treme!

Porelly, I am finding this show so addictive. Today I have watched episodes 5 and 6 and am about to watch #7. It just makes me feel like I'm there. I don't have a hurricane but I do have a beer LOL!

Karen

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 58
6. Re: Lovin' Treme!

Karen isn't Treme a great series! You would enjoy a Treme tour by French Quarter Phantoms. It is a walking tour of the Treme area where you will learn the history of the area and also see a few places where parts of Treme was filmed. Also stop in at the Spotted Cat on Frenchmen. Some scenes were filmed there.

Huntingdon Valley...
reviews: 86
7. Re: Lovin' Treme!

I am going back over Christmas. I have reservations for Christmas dinner at Tujaques, where Toni and her daughter ate in the show. I definitely am booking the Tour Treme this time. Its funny watching the show and seeing the Spotted Cat which appeared so large and spacious on the show. And Preservation Hall. Every time I watch the show I'm always wondering where everything is being filmed. And there is never anything on the credits at the end.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 12
8. Re: Lovin' Treme!

NOLA has been on my "bucket list" for years..in fact, I was all set to go in 2005, but then "Katrina" & "the federal flood" changed my travel plans. "Treme" rekindled my interest in the city...we'll be there the week before Christmas. I'm not a fan of big crowds and crazy partying anymore, so a trip during Mardi Gras didn't really interest me, and I thought the heat and humidity would be tolerable the week before Christmas, plus, there would all the decorations. I've even listening to WGOZ online a few times...caught the "Pay it Forward Benefit Concert for Hurricane Sandy Relief", and a concert from the Mahalia Jackson Hall featuring a Cuban jazz keyboardist(name escapes me just now), and both were terrific. A friend from my workplace went this summer, and she loved it,so I lent her my first season DVD, as she had never seen the series.As time gets a bit closer to departure, I'm going to finalize our activities and meals on-line, and the movie tour of the city is tops on the list.

Baltimore, MD
reviews: 8
9. Re: Lovin' Treme!

Just bought the first two series on Amazon for our upcoming trip!

Thanks!

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 56
10. Re: Lovin' Treme!

Hadn't heard of this show before and now am intrigued. Added it to my Netflix queue to get us in the mood again before our January visit. Thanks!