We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December with children

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hattiesburg...
reviews: 6
December with children

My husband and I are planning to bring our grandsons, ages 4 and 6 for a night in December, probably the night of the 8th. We were wondering what to do with them and if there was anything special/Christmas going on.

Thank you.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 4
1. Re: December with children

I'd take them to city park for Celebration in the Oaks. Everything is lit for Christmas and the little ones would probably really enjoy the old carousel.

Hattiesburg...
2. Re: December with children

Great. We're from Hattiesburg and I didn't know about the carousel. Do you know if there are any Christmas programs like Fisney on Ice? I can't find any.

AR
3. Re: December with children

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel has brunch with Santa and His Elves on Dec. 9 at 10:00 and 1:00; The Creole Queen has Cajun HOliday Tea with Papa Noel on Dec. 8 at 1:30; Festival of Trees is at Louisiana Children's Museum through Dec. 21. Longue Vue House has Happy Ho-Ho-Holidays Family Tea with Santa on Dec. 8, 1-3:00 ...Audubon Institute has "Jingle Bugs" in the butterfly garden with Santa, from 10 -4:00 on Dec. 8. Aquarium of the Americas sponsors the Reindeer run and Romp on Dec. 8 beginning at 9:00... Participating kids get bells for their sneakers, antlers, t=shirts and a bag of goodies...games, music, crafts and more after the race...fun for all kids.

4. Re: December with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, November 24, 2012
Hattiesburg...
5. Re: December with children

Thanks so much! This is a big help!

Baton Rouge, LA
reviews: 5
6. Re: December with children

The Roosevelt hotel has absolutely amazing Christmas decorations. They have a Teddy Bear tea. I've never been to that, not sure if it would be worth the money. But it's totally worth just going through the lobby. You can have cocoa in the coffee shop which has a gingerbread village set up as I recall.

Hattiesburg...
7. Re: December with children

Great! DIdn't know about the coffee shop and forgot about the lights there. Thank you.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 4
8. Re: December with children

The lights are really pretty! We strolled through Friday and I took the kids pictures with the lights and trees for Christmas cards!

Hattiesburg...
9. Re: December with children

Great idea! Thanks!

10. Re: December with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 16, 2013