We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I missing anything?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul, MN
reviews: 55
Am I missing anything?

Here is what I have saved so far. Am I missing anything important?

Restaurants: Madina's, Vert Marte, Franks, Johnny's Po Boys, Luizza's by the Track, Cochon Butcher, Red Gravy, Muriel's, Daisy Dukes, Acme and Cajun Cabin

We mostly want to eat on a budget but good food. Don't mind splurging once but only if it is worth it.

Things to do: Cajun Encounters swamp tour, Mardi Gras World, Napoleon House, Funky Pirate, El Gato, Pat O'Brians, Ferry, Frenchman street, and a cemetery tour.

Of course we will be listening to music every night and checking out much of the Quarter. We are going to be in NOLA 4 1/2 days. Just want to make sure there isn't something vital I am missing.

Thanks!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 82
1. Re: Am I missing anything?

Napoleon House isn't a thing to do, it is a restAurant/bar.....one of my favorites. PAt o,s is also a bar with a beautiful courtyard and fun sing along bar. they also have a restAurant.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
2. Re: Am I missing anything?

Funky Pirate is a bar, El Gato is a restAurant.

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 92
3. Re: Am I missing anything?

Avoid Cajun Cabin..nothing but a mediocre tourist trap

Saint Paul, MN
reviews: 55
4. Re: Am I missing anything?

To me bars are a "thing to do", haha. El Gato was recommended for margaritas so again, something to do.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
5. Re: Am I missing anything?

Gardenggro ...i totally agree! You might want to add the Carousel Lounge at the Monteleone Hotel. you can have a drink at their revolving bar...always fun!

New Orleans...
reviews: 125
6. Re: Am I missing anything?

Although the Cajun Cabin was ok and location is good, I would skip that and go to Katie's (LOVE that place! Check out a clip on Youtube about it when it was on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives) AND the happy hour (maybe 3-6?) at the restaurant across the street from the WWII museum, American Sector...our cheapest and best meal last trip...those BBQ sliders and alcoholic blue drinks were AWESOME!

Agree that Red Gravy and a cemetery are musts...we also really enjoy breakfast at Stanley. LOVE Southern Candymakers for candy and banter. Definitely make sure you make it to Pat O's and Napoleon House. Also, you MUST go to Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop for a drink!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 61
7. Re: Am I missing anything?

"To me bars are a "thing to do", haha. El Gato was recommended for margaritas so again, something to do."

Oh Gardengro! A person after my own heart!!!!!!! Love it! And those margaritas are HIGHLY recommended at El Gato!!!!! When are you going???

I agree too about Cajun Cabin. I would definitely skip that place.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
8. Re: Am I missing anything?

Lydia you are so right! Lafittes is a must!

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 102
9. Re: Am I missing anything?

Cajun Cabin was closed this past Sept.. Lafittes and Gazebo Cafe which has a band.

Rancho Santa...
reviews: 27
10. Re: Am I missing anything?

Frenchman Street! I would recommend Frenchman street for great music. And fried chicken at Praline Connection on Frenchman was amazing.