We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ILLINOIS
reviews: 81
hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

We have our hotel booked at the Provincial in June. I just noticed that it says "this hotel is off the beaten path"...Does this mean its still in the French Quarter? Is it safe to walk back to at night?

Petlovr

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 72
1. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

Hi Petlovr, yes the HP is in the French Quarter, but on a quieter street with somewhat of a residential feel to it. We have walked back to HP at night many times and never had a problem.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
2. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

Like jlr51 states, it is off the beaten path but only just a bit. I stayed here last month and it was wonderful. Its now my favorite hotel in the Quarter. All the same restaurants and landmarks are still within walking distance.

Lewes, Delaware
reviews: 132
3. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

While I have never stayed at the Hotel Provincial, which IS in the French Quarter, I have walked past it many nights, walking back from Frenchmen Street. Compared to other areas of the Quarter, it is a quiet area. I never had any safety concerns.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 61
4. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

We've stayed at The Provincial 7 times and we have never had a problem walking in that area anytime day or night.

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 90
5. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

Chartres St. is well lit and never had a problem walking it or if you prefer just a small skip over to Decatur where there is more pedestrian traffic.

Newark, Ohio
reviews: 19
6. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

We also stayed there last month, great hotel, close to everything no worries at all. like it so much we are returning next month. go have a great time.

ILLINOIS
reviews: 81
7. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

thank you everyone for your replies. I can feel a little safer now.

petlovr

Rancho Santa...
reviews: 15
8. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

We stayed there the first week of November and we absolutely love the Provincial! We love that it is in a quieter section - and we felt completely safe walking back to the hotel late at night. If you get a chance, get a hurricane at the Ice House bar in the Provincial from ATN. He makes the best!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 61
9. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

Boy does he ever Sequoia! I absolutely LOVE having a bar at The Provincial! Did you get a chance to try one of his Bloody Mary's? Real good too!

Pet--Have no fear! The area around the Provincial is great and the smell from Irene's will drive you mad especially if you love garlic!!!!

Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 3
10. Re: hotel provincial safe to walk to?? in french quarter?

As far as I'm concerned, the Provincial is the best hotel in the city for MANY reasons...greatest staff around, fabulous comfy beds, great bathrooms with big tubs to soak in, bar on site (yeah, ATN ROCKS!) fabulous location, safe and quiet area beautiful courtyard...I could go on and on! You will LOVE it!!! GREAT choice!!!

Edited: 8:05 am, November 21, 2012