We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Easthampton...
Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

Two couples planning to be in NOLA three nights from 10/30/13 to 11/2/13. Dates are unfortunately not flexible. It's a year off and it seems there is already little available that is not either kinda scary, very expensive, or miles away.

Am I correct that it is because of Halloween that everything is already booked? By the time Marriott would let me go to their online calendar to reserve, there was no availability cept at the Ritz (that's not going to happen!). Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Related question: if we have to stay out of the city like in Metarie, what would the costs be for cabs in and out. Are they reliable at night?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 60
1. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

Jzapro--It is WAY too early for hotels to start opening rates for October 2013. Best thing to do would be to look about 4-5 months before October! Good luck!

Bossier City, LA
reviews: 2
2. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

Deny is right. It's not that the rooms are fully booked or really expensive, it's that it's too early to book.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
3. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

Although Halloween is a very popular time to be in New Orleans, most hotels do not open up bookings more than 8-10 months in advance. Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest are exceptions, but even then you usually need to make bookings directly with the hotel over the phone if you are booking more than 9 months in advance.

Although the best time to book is subject to the whim of the market, for Halloween I would book about 140-170 days in advance. I'd book something that was cancellable up until 30-60 days in advance of stay, then keep checking to see if I could secure a better deal up until about 90 days in advance of stay. For Halloween I would avoid staying far from the French Quarter unless there was no other practical option.

NJ
reviews: 26
4. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

2-3 months in advance is when I always got best deals through my sources, including Halloween weekends. Just start looking around June-July and you should find something.

Easthampton...
5. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

Hoping you are all right. I never had this problem before with the Marriott site. Even there I can book now if i want to stay at their most expensive couple of hotels. Think I'll give them a call after work. You are all inspiring me to think there is no problem. Thanks! I'll let you know.

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

I made my reservations for this past Halloween 8 months in advance & even then, there were rooms I had my heart set on, already booked. I'm no expert here and there are many others who go several times a year who will be more helpful. But I've always been under the impression from my intense research that it's always a good idea to reserve way in advance for Halloween in NOLA. If you're like me and sort of picky where you stay, what type of room and the location, then do not wait until 3 or 4 months before.

Definitely call your choices to confirm your questions rather than waiting and missing out in the end. You will love it there during Halloween!

P.S. I don't think you'll want to stay in Meterie. You'll miss out on too much fun.

Mitchell, South...
7. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

My understanding is that there is a large Dental convention over Halloween next year which will make finding reasonable hotel rates even tighter.

Overland Park...
8. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

I just checked The Jazz Quarters B & B and they have open dates then. We stayed there in Oct and loved it so much we're going back in Jan. Read the reviews. They are right on. There are cottages that can sleep 2 couples and the breakfasts are wonderful.

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 3
9. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

It is big convention time, but we've reserved anywhere from April to June prior and have had no problem getting a room.

Overland Park...
10. Re: Any ideas for finding a hotel for Halloween

Sorry, It's The New Orleans Jazz Quarters