We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near French Quarter

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 21
Hotel near French Quarter

I'm going to NO in August and I' m looking for a "budget" hotel with parking within an walking distance to the French Quarter. Any ideas?

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

Nearly all hotels are "budget" in August. It's very hot so it's the "low season."

Le Richelieu Hotel offers free parking and is in the Quarter. Many bed and breakfasts also have free parking although most are a little (not much) further out. Still walking distance, though.

Okie
reviews: 9
2. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

If we are on a budget we stay at the Holiday Inn 2 blocks from bourbon...they have parking for around $10 a day I think...the hotel is average, but we spend very little time in our room...it's nice enough

Barcelona, Spain
3. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

Thanks for your help, I'll check those hotels

San Francisco
reviews: 8
4. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

Check out the Hotel Provincial in the FQ on Chartres St. There Aug rates are $100 anight during the week and $119 on the weeekends!\Dixie

Terre Haute, Indiana
reviews: 16
5. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

Try the Prince Conti...1/2 block off Burbon Street. $99 during the week and $129 on weekends for a deluxe room. I stayed there and had a great time. The staff is very friendly. Now about August in New Orleans....

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
6. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

I think you might save even more on a room if you wait until early summer to book. There are usually "specials" from some of the chains that kick in later. (I've seen amazing rates for the Royal Sonesta in late summer on line.) If you are more concerned with getting the details nailed down now than a lower rate, I'd look at the Prince Conti, Saint Marie or St. Anne Marie Antoinette.

Expect that most hotels in the Quarter will charge you for parking -- most are $20+ per day -- ask the rate up front and figure that in to your total room cost. BTW, I would NEVER rent a car to get around New Orleans. If you are flying in, take a cab or shuttle from the airport, and use streetcars, cabs, and your feet to get around the city. Parking and driving in the Quarter is just way too much effort if you are on vacation.

Barcelona, Spain
7. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

Prince COnti requires 2 night reservation. I?m only staying one night because this is part of a Coast to Coast trip and I've been to NO before.

Thanks for oyur advice! PLease keep helping me !

Barcelona, Spain
8. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

Any other ideas? Is the Holiday inn IN the French Quarter? and it has a parking, right?

A lot of hotels don't seem to be open yet but I'm going in August, you think they will be open then?

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
9. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

Only a few hotels aren't open. The ones that come to mind are the Ritz Carlton/Iberville Suites, Monaco, Park Plaza, Fairmont and Hyatt Regency. I believe all others have reopened. Even the terrible "Grand Palace" has reopened.

None of the ones I mentioned will be reopen by August so the inventory between now and then will be basically unchanged.

Barcelona, Spain
10. Re: Hotel near French Quarter

Thanks! I'll check. I entered the website www.choicehotels.com and some only offered room to workers.