We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 7
ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Hi all

(First of all, I didn't really know in which forum I shcould put this in... so I apologize if this isn't the right one! :D )

I'm planning a (short!) road trip from New Orleans, LA to Orlando, FL.

The plan is to arrive in New Orleans 12/23 (maybe 22). My only purpose in Orlando is WDW (lol..) and I have that covered, so I'm only seeking advice on the first part of my trip.

I'm planning to arrive in Orlando 12/30, so it gives me a week to see New Orleans and to drive to Orlando :)

- Is it possible to find a decent hotel/motel/B&B with free parking in New Orleans under $100/night? When I try to search, it seams that the hotels near French Quarter is either really exspensive or dosen't offer free parking.... What is your advice? Is there some hotel with easy transportation or maybe even walking distance to e.g. FQ.

(We will have the car no matter what.. So it's not an option to stay where there is no (free) parking!)

- With only a week avalible, how many days would you spend in New Orleans? I was thinking about 3 days?

- What is the must see's in New Orleans? (It is only me (18) and my mom)

- What is the must see's on the way to Orlando? And what would be the best road to take? I was planning to drive along the coast, but is there something to see or will it be better to do another road??

- Since it is during the Holiday, will there then be any special activities (and will some things be closed?)

- What is the weather like at that time a year?

Our budget is tight, and we don't do fine dining or exspensive shopping ;) We would just love to get a little southern charm in that week....

I really hope that some of you can help me! Thanks....

-Rebekka

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
1. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

All hotels in the French Quarter and Central Business District charge extra ($20-40 per day) for parking. There are lots and garages independent of the hotels that charge $15-25 per day.

During your time period of interest you should be able to find reputable fairly well located lodging for $95-110 per night plus taxes and parking fees. Try French Market Inn, Hotel St. Marie, Bienville House, Prince Conti, Holiday Inn New Orleans French Quarter, and Best Western St. Christopher.

As far as length of stay, figure 3 nights to explore the French Quarter and immediately surrounding area, an extra night for the Garden District or other outside of Central Business District area, and still another night for any swamp and/or plantation tours.

For weather, expect daily highs in the low 60s (F), and daily lows in the mid 40s, relatively dry by New Orleans standards.

For some special holiday events, see:

neworleansonline.com/neworleans/…cnos.html

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 92
2. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Most of the FQ hotels for that time period would average $119 to $139 for those listed before the room tax plus parking.

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 92
3. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

The rates go way up for the friday night and saturday night...check out the hotel villa convento, free parking.....

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
4. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

B&Bs offer free parking. This is fresh in my mind now because B&Bs are being discussed on another thread!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
5. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Cajunyank, for the hotels I listed, I'm showing less than $110 per night (before tax and parking) for a 12/22-12/26 stay, through kayak.com.

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 7
6. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Thanks alot to you all!

The hotel villa convento looks SO adorable, might be just what I'm looking for ;)

But I will check all of your sugestions out!... But as said, our budget is pretty tight, so I'm trying to find a place to sleep with free parking for MAX $100/night inclusive tax :D it might be hard, maybe impossible, but I'll try...

Can you recommend a B&B?

I'm guessing that it is hard to find a parking spot near FQ - if I stay in a motel far from FQ and drive to it?

What about the trip from New Orleans to Orlando, any advice on route/must see's???

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
7. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Many hotels and inns offer low holiday or "Papa Noel" rates, although you likely won't find them listed yet.

Mississippi
reviews: 9
8. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Here's a link to NOLA B&B's. Enjoy your trip.

BED AND BREAKFAST………………

http://www.bbnola.com/

Rancho Santa...
reviews: 21
9. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Prytania Park is not in the quarter, but is a block from the St. Charles street car and it offers free parking. You can get a room for as low as $79 per night there during the week you requested. Granted, not in the quarter, but it is for the budget minded.

http://www.prytaniaparkhotel.com/resengine/reserve.cgi?month1=12&day1=22&year1=2012&numNights=5&numRooms=1&action=Check+Availability&submit=Check+Availability

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 1
10. Re: ROAD TRIP :D New Orleans to Orlando

Hi Rebekka,

Did anyone contact you about your trip to New Orleans?

If not I'd like to help

Edited: 5:27 pm, November 15, 2012