(First of all, I didn't really know in which forum I shcould put this in... so I apologize if this isn't the right one! :D )
The plan is to arrive in New Orleans 12/23 (maybe 22). My only purpose in Orlando is WDW (lol..) and I have that covered, so I'm only seeking advice on the first part of my trip.
I'm planning to arrive in Orlando 12/30, so it gives me a week to see New Orleans and to drive to Orlando :)
- Is it possible to find a decent hotel/motel/B&B with free parking in New Orleans under $100/night? When I try to search, it seams that the hotels near French Quarter is either really exspensive or dosen't offer free parking.... What is your advice? Is there some hotel with easy transportation or maybe even walking distance to e.g. FQ.
(We will have the car no matter what.. So it's not an option to stay where there is no (free) parking!)
- With only a week avalible, how many days would you spend in New Orleans? I was thinking about 3 days?
- What is the must see's in New Orleans? (It is only me (18) and my mom)
- What is the must see's on the way to Orlando? And what would be the best road to take? I was planning to drive along the coast, but is there something to see or will it be better to do another road??
- Since it is during the Holiday, will there then be any special activities (and will some things be closed?)
- What is the weather like at that time a year?
Our budget is tight, and we don't do fine dining or exspensive shopping ;) We would just love to get a little southern charm in that week....
I really hope that some of you can help me! Thanks....