We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which restaurants take reservations???

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 122
Which restaurants take reservations???

This will be my first pleasure visit back to NO post K. We are coming again for Jazz Fest. I know there are long waits at the restaurants. We have a good size group going and we are interested in making reservations for some nights. Most of my favorite restaurants in the FQ don't take reservations. Any suggestions for restaurants that do take reservations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Which restaurants take reservations???

for a big group, reservations are a must.

Irene's will take them for large parties. This is great as it saves you the long waits. I'd also think about booking Marigny Brasserie, K-Pauls, Muriels, Bayona, or Meauxbar. All take reservations.

Which of your favorites don't take them, mrolfes? Let us know as it's possible I've recommended different types of places than you are looking for.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 122
2. Re: Which restaurants take reservations???

Sorry I should have made myself clearer. I know the finer restaurants take reservations, but after spending the day at Jazz Fest we usually aren't up for a big dinner ordeal. I am looking for more casual places that take reservations. Some of my favorites are Port of Call, Mona Lisa, Napolean House and Jaques Imos. I will check out the other restaurants you mentioned. Thanks Cajun Wave.

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Which restaurants take reservations???

Jacques Imos used to take reservations for parties of 5+. Unsure if they still do in this post-Katrina landscape. It's too bad Austin Leslie isn't there any longer. He was a good man and a great chef!

Meauxbar is "nice casual" and worth a look but they may not take large groups as it overwhelms their kitchen too easily. I think this happened to me last year as they politely declined to take a reservation for my family (10 people) as they couldn't give us good service/timely food. I appreciated them doing that!