We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oysters

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
diva
Oysters

I'll be returning back to New Orleans the week of September 6- 11th. The last trip I tried to find a restaurant that served fried oysters. I came across one restaurant. Can anyone recommend some others?

New Orleans...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 3
1. Re: Oysters

Your kidding, right?

I think the question should be, what restaurant in New Orleans DON'T serve fried oysters. They are everywhere!

If you are in the French Quarter, anyplace that served raw oysters will also have them fried -- on a platter or a po-boy sandwich. One of my favorite versions is the "Bar-b-Que Oysters" at the Redfish Grill on Bourbon. They are not grilled, but they are actually a fried oyster coated in a sauce that closely resembles "buffalo wing" sauce. They even give you the blue cheese to dip them in...very good. ACME has them, but I have never liked any of ACME's fried foods. Deanie's & Mike Andersons are both places you should be able to get oysters fried, as well as Johnny' po-boys (lunch only). Even the more upscale places usually have some dish prepared with friend oysters.

If you didn't find them, you weren't looking very hard.

diva
2. Re: Oysters

Thanks for the information. It's greatly appreciated.

Pensacola, FL
reviews: 4
3. Re: Oysters

For good inexpensive fried oysters and other seafood try Deanies on Dauphine and Iberville.

Louisiana
reviews: 17
4. Re: Oysters

Uglesich's oyster po-boy. Nirvana.

Iowa
reviews: 3
5. Re: Oysters

I have read about this place before. It is supposed to be nothing to look at , but have great food. Where is it located??

Louisiana
reviews: 17
6. Re: Oysters

1238 Barrone, St. in the CBD.