We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strip clubs on bourbon.

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
reviews: 156
Strip clubs on bourbon.

Just curious the strip clubs on bourbon seem a bit shady. I did not go in as I might get ripped off inside

Is that true

Or would it be ok to visit one

As it seems might be disappointing

What u all suggest

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

Some are better than others. This is a hard question to answer for other people and I'm not sure what you mean by "ripped off." Generally, Rick's is one of the nicer ones so I'd start there!

NJ
reviews: 26
2. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

No. Compared to New York or Vegas it's a very inexpensive experience. The girls are not allowed to "extort" tips. Admission can be negotiated. If you walk down Bourbon earlier in the day, they will hand you passes as you walk by - take them. My wife and friends like to stop in one of them after 1:00AM to relax after the noise of the Bourbon street - it's my quieter by comparison chairs are comfortable and bathrooms are clean (in most of the places).

Like CajunWave said - some are better then others. Ricks, Barely Legal and Penthouse are the higher-end ones. Some are really bad though, can't remember the names right now.

Boston...
reviews: 24
3. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

If the quality of the entertainment inside is represented by who/what is hanging in the doorways outside, then I would think the whole experience would be disappointing to say the least. Hubby and I walked Bourbon Street a few times - he was interested to see what he could see, so to speak. Some of the "ladies" in the doorways made him want to run screaming. ;-)

Mystic, Connecticut
reviews: 6
4. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

I am sort of like willowdave regarding the ladies hanging out the windows and doorways.

The local morning guys on WEEI radio here spent time in Ricks and indicated a first class place.

But since you are there alone and looking to make new friends, I think you should stop in all of them and post a full report, 123....

Bear in mind however, this is a family forum.

NJ
5. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

All of the above is true, so if you're looking for top talent, go on a Friday or Saturday night. Rule of life #11: NEVER go to a stripclub during the day. "There are things you can't unsee." - "The Office"

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 92
6. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

By all means...a trip report even if censored by the writer.

Thorold, Canada
reviews: 1
7. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

Avoid Deja Vu Showgirls on Bourbon

This place was horrible. They charged us $10 VIP cover, and when we went in, there was no one on the stage dancing, and only 4 girls working -- none of them should have been working in this profession.

We stayed less than 10 minutes, didn't see anything. We decided to leave, and asked for a refund, they refused.

This is not a place worth visiting. They don't have good dancers, and they trap you with a cover.

There are plenty of other places on Bourbon that don't have a cover.

I recommend Babe's Cabaret - ask for Ivy. She's amazing.

New Brunswick, New...
reviews: 35
8. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

Another thing to note is that the test tube shots do NOT count toward the drink minimum. Four of us walked in to one and before we knew what happened, $90 worth of shots had been forced on us (like, literally pushing our heads toward a shot that was tucked into cleavage) - and then we still all had to buy a drink each.

Astoria, Oregon
reviews: 28
9. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

HAHA excellent topic. (from what I've heard) Little Darlings is the worst club on Bourbon. Avoind it at all costs. Complete hustle inside with no dancing. Barely Legal is the opposite. Lots of dancing, higher end club. Like Wunderlust said, walk down Bourbon during the day and get the free passes to use later. Never pay a cover.

NJ
10. Re: Strip clubs on bourbon.

Wow, old topic... But still.

Little Darlings specializes in things other than dancing. NOT for beginners.

Of all places I've been to, Barely Legal is the best. We always visit in mixed company (men and women) and the women in our group also agree that it's better than the rest.

Edited: 10:39 am, May 24, 2012