We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Weather in December

I will be in NO the first week of December. What is the weather like? Not sure what kind of cloths to bring.

Thank you.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 73
1. Re: Weather in December

We have had very good luck in New Orleans in December. Usually the weather is very comfortable. But (there's always a but), the weather can be unpredictable. One year we arrived in NO to 72 degree weather, the next morning the temp was 36 and it didn't get a whole lot warmer the rest of the day. You should definitely bring a coat just in case.....

Florida
reviews: 64
2. Re: Weather in December

I was there last Dec. and the weather was really nice, in the 70's,

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
3. Re: Weather in December

I was there last December and it rained more than I've ever seen in my life. It just poured.

There are plenty of sites that will give you historic weather averages, like weather.com and weatherunderground.com . My suggestion is to just wait until a few days before your trip and see what the forecast is and make some plans then.

Litchfield...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Weather in December

I echo JLR. When I went in December a couple of years back (two!) we arrived the day after it snowed. Our weather for the week ended up being in the 70's. You just never know with NoLA. That old saying applies:

"Dont like the weather? Then just wait a while."

-k

New Orleans, La
reviews: 18
5. Re: Weather in December

I've lived here all my life and you really don't know. Sometimes you can wear shorts on Christmas Day, sometimes it's a sweater and scarf.

All I can say is to check the weather reports before you come.

new york
reviews: 38
6. Re: Weather in December

I too will be arriving in early December and will now have to bring warmer clothes as well as lighter weight clothes. I guess I will be taking more clothes just in case. I would love the weather to be in the 70's. I can only pray the weather will be nice and hoping no rain or snow.

7. Re: Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, April 16, 2011