We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Near Cafe du Monde

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockville, Maryland
Parking Near Cafe du Monde

Saturday May 15 I'll be riding my motorcycle from Maryland and ending that evening in New Orleans. I'd love to celebrate by getting a coffee and beignet at the Cafe du Monde on Decatur. Would it even be feasible for me to find a place to park my motorcycle for 30 minutes near there at 11:00 PM on a Saturday night? Looking at Google Maps there looks to be a parking lot that runs behind the shops along Decatur. Can anyone tell me anything about parking there?

I've also read on some motorcycle forums that the parking lots in the French Quarter don't accommodate motorcycles - can anyone fill me in on this?

Thanks

New Orleans...
reviews: 61
1. Re: Parking Near Cafe du Monde

I don't know about parking lots not accomodating motorcycles, but there are two lots near cafe du monde where you described. You may have to pay for a full hour though, I'm not sure - so you may want to hang out for a bit! :)

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 92
2. Re: Parking Near Cafe du Monde

You might be fortunate and find a spot right on Decatur along the cafe side of the street

Florida
reviews: 47
3. Re: Parking Near Cafe du Monde

If you park in a lot it's absolutely feasible. Finding a street space not likely but worth a shot.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 16
4. Re: Parking Near Cafe du Monde

If I recall correctly, the entrance to that lot is on the upriver side of the Jax Brewery.

New Orleans...
5. Re: Parking Near Cafe du Monde

If you go down Decatur past CDM there is parking next to the sea wall, opposite the flea market.

If I remember corectly, the first little bit is marked off as no parking for cars, but I always see scooters and some motorcycles parked there with out tickets. As a general rule, the meter maids don't ticket along there until first thing Sunday morning.

6. Re: Parking Near Cafe du Monde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, November 02, 2010