We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best and Worst times to go

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
reviews: 159
Best and Worst times to go

Best and Worst times to go.

What are the best and worsts times of the year to Visit New Orleans?

Moncton, Canada
reviews: 47
1. Re: Best and Worst times to go

I haven't been myself yet, will have the pleasure next April, but from reading this forum, summer is HOT and HUMID! Being from Thunder Bay, and myself from Moncton NB, we're not used to that kind of heat and especially humidity. If your only options are August or September, might be better to go in September?

ps

But in my opinion, there's never a bad time to go to NO. :-)

New York City, New...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Best and Worst times to go

December is my favorite month to visit, but I'm happy anytime between November and March

From mid-April through the mid-October, it's HOT.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 72
3. Re: Best and Worst times to go

Worst times to visit New Orleans: July through September

Best times to visit New Orleans: November, December, March-May

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 78
4. Re: Best and Worst times to go

For weather, I think the best month to visit is October...Halloween is a blast in New Orleans. In December the French Quarter is beautifully decorated for Christmas, but it can be cold. April has the best festival (in my opinion), the French Quarter Festival, but it can be pretty warm in April. Those are my favorite times to visit.

Astoria, Oregon
reviews: 28
5. Re: Best and Worst times to go

I prefer the summer months. It is very hot yes but I think that just enhances the New orleans experience. Plus rates are much less and it's less crowded. I don't like going in January. We went this year in January and it was cold, rainy and dank. I can get that in Ohio.

Chicago
6. Re: Best and Worst times to go

It's ylur preference and tolerance. I go each December, and love it. But sometimes it gets below 60 degrees for a while (aw, gee, I'm from Chicago). You cen tell the locals, they put on mittens and furlined hooded parkas. I may put on a light jacket over my t-shirt and shorts. ;-Q

OTOH, I have been there at Halloween, Oct 30, and twice in early May, and just about died in the 90-degree heat!

pensacola
7. Re: Best and Worst times to go

There is no bad time to visit NO. Each month has it's own characteristics and fun. Arrive equipped to handle several scenarios and venture out for excitement.

8. Re: Best and Worst times to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 05, 2009