We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
hotel

Is a hotel in the French Quarter the best place to stay? My husband and I are going in July. I know it's hot but we live in Texas. We want to just hang out and sight see during the day and than at night dinner and than maybe go somewhere and listen to music. Could you guys tell me the names of some of the really nice restraunts in New Orleans, and a great place to listen to Music. Is the Ritz Carlton in a good location? Also if bourbon street really the best place to stay? thanks

Frisco (Dallas), TX
reviews: 11
1. Re: hotel

If you want to sleep at night Bourbon is not the place to stay. The Ritz is in a decent location. If you can afford that i'd stay there. It is north of Bourbon a bit near Deanies Seafood, which is a good place if you like seafood.

At night Bourbon St. is a big dance club pretty much. College aged kids partying. If you want good music and Jazz take a cab to Frenchman Street.

dallas
2. Re: hotel

Ok, I'll forget about bourbon street. What area would you suggest and what is the best hotel in that area.

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
3. Re: hotel

Bourbon Street is noisy from Canal to about St. Ann ONLY. The other 5-6 blocks are residential and have a couple of nice B&Bs and small hotels.

home
reviews: 10
4. Re: hotel

Forget about staying in quarter........Stay above Canal Street at either the St. James or the Pelham

Kansas City
reviews: 5
5. Re: hotel

Yes, for a first timer to New Orleans, I belive the French Quarter is the best place to stay. I highly recommend The Place D'Armes. This place sounds perferct for you. Even though its certainly got its quirks, the location is exactly what your looking for (from what I can tell in your posting). Place D'Armes is 1/2 block from Jackson Square and 2 blocks from Bourbon St. While this hotel is not for everyone, from what I read in your post, it sounds right up your alley. Check out all the reviews in the 'hotel review' section.

Have a great trip!

New York City, New...
reviews: 30
6. Re: hotel

Good grief, why would anyone recommend the St. James or Pelham over the entire Quarter?

Sorry, but that sounds like cheap advertising!

dallas
7. Re: hotel

I decided to go with the Omni Royal because of the location. I'm sure the Ritz is much nicer, but the omni seemed to get great reviews from you guys--hope I did not make the wrong choice

Frisco (Dallas), TX
reviews: 11
8. Re: hotel

Never stayed there but have heard it is nice.

New Orleans...
reviews: 3
9. Re: hotel

First time visitors? Stay in the Quarter or you'll probably wish you had. The Hotel Monteleone and Chateau Sonesta are both very nice and worth your consideration. The Ritz Carlton is on Canal St. which is one of the bordering streets of the French Quarter, but does not have the same atmosphere. Canal is a busy street with traffic and streetcars and reminds me of a city street in the 1950's. As for restaurants, Brigtsen's Stella, Brennans, Commander's Palace, K-Paul's just to name a very few.

Central Illinois
10. Re: hotel

I stay at differnt hotels each time i go to NO and i will be staying at the Omni again in august, this will be the only hotel i've stayed at twice in NO. Its my favorite.