We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiorellos Changes??

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 200
Fiorellos Changes??

Yesterday I was told that Fiorellos has changed ownership in the last couple of months and that the quality of the fried chicken has deterioriated. Has anyone eaten there recently, or can anyone confirm or deny this report?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
11. Re: Fiorellos Changes??

You are all certainly correct. I did not see much litter, but the streets were flithy. It rained and when the water drained from the sidewalk it was grimy. It drained into our hotel swimming pool, and it looked like sewage. Perhaps it just seemed dirty to me in comparison to Istanbul, where we spent the past month, and perhaps it was just the smells that linger in the humid air.

I know it is just me, and I certainly do not want to say anything bad about your city. They are doing a fantastic job of recovering from an absolutely devastating situation. Everyone treated is so nicely. People stopped us on the street to thank us for visiting! That has surely never happened to us before. With the exception of our experience at the Clover Grill every person who helped us was kind and generous.

I am pleased that you have been so succesful, and we will certainly return....just maybe with shoes other than sandals for those rainy days.

Chicago
reviews: 5
12. Re: Fiorellos Changes??

I would be absolutely amazed to find any food place with doors and windows wide open to the street that does not have a single insect flying about. Then certainlky don't consider ding a picnic in the park!

As to Clover Grill, they have toned down the margin comments in their menus, but if you were not insulted there, it is because you weren't trying. That's their shtick. Next time wear a Florida feather boa.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
13. Re: Fiorellos Changes??

Thanks! Good to know about the boa. I thought wearing those things immediatelly identified one as a tourist, but maybe that is not a bad idea.

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 75
14. Re: Fiorellos Changes??

Againa...kudo's to SDK..what a difference...and I'll have to get back over to Fiorello's for a chicken tasting and report back.

15. Re: Fiorellos Changes??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 02, 2009