We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Felixs

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 132
Felixs

Did they close? Thanks!

Chicago
reviews: 5
11. Re: Felixs

Is Felix's the one with two connecting rooms, and one entrance on Bourbon, the other on the side street? I vaguely remember some written description of its history of haing two exits to facilitate escapes during raids, in a perhaps more "shady" past of the pace and clientele.

Whatever, I tried it once. Average food, average service. Although the waitress was nice, she seemed to be confused or concerned as to why I wanted to be seated and eat there. Strange. Gave the impression it was a private club or just for the regulars, cognoscenti, and I was an intruder.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 132
12. Re: Felixs

Didn't mean to start the Felix vs. Acme discussion. I go to toast old friends who died that I used to spend time having a few oysters and beer with at Felixs. It has special meaning to me and I've always had a positive experience. Sorry to hear that others have not had as good of an experience. Maybe my ghosts watch out for me there. :)

louisiana
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 92
13. Re: Felixs

I"ve never had a complaint about Felix's...I always go in the Iberville entrance and eat there and usually at the oyster bar, but I do prefer Acme because I like the food better.

New Orleans, LA USA
reviews: 6
14. Re: Felixs

I don't know about the FQ location but Felix's uptown is really overpriced and mediocre, it's on prytania where vaquero's used to be (too bad they closed! anyone else remember free friday happy hour margaritas!?) IMO. I'd definitely choose acme over felix's. better, simpler, fresher, cheaper neither has especially great service except for the bar at acme. .

15. Re: Felixs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 29, 2009