We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Joliet, IL
reviews: 27
Help!!

Ok, so my best friend and I are headed up to Madison this weekend for our annual weekend to get tickets to The Great Taste of the Midwest. We stay at the Ruby Marie Hotel, eat dinner at Essen Haus, followed by gorging ourselves on Paciugo Gelato. I have just learned that Paciugo Gelato is no longer downtown OR at the West Towne Mall.

Is there anyplace else with gelato in Madison? Gelato is part of our tradition and this tradition must not die!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Wisconsin
reviews: 15
1. Re: Help!!

A new gelato place has taken over where Paciugo was - both locations, so you can still get your fix. If you want to try another place, I know that Java Cat on Monona Drive has good gelato, too.

Joliet, IL
2. Re: Help!!

Oh, thank goodness. I was afraid we would show up to an empty storefront.

Thank you so much for your help!

Joliet, IL
3. Re: Help!!

Has anyone eaten at the gelato place that took over Paciugo? Just curious to find out if they are any good and still have the large variety, or if we should look elsewhere? We found some mention online that gelato from Nostrano's restaurant is very good.

Wisconsin
4. Re: Help!!

My co-worker's son works at the new gelato place and I know she has had it. I will ask her to compare the two.

Joliet, IL
5. Re: Help!!

That would be great - thank you!

Wisconsin
6. Re: Help!!

My co-worker responded that the gelato at the new vendor is better than what Paciugo sold.

Joliet, IL
7. Re: Help!!

thank you!

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 168
8. Re: Help!!

I would second Java Cat. Definite Madison vibe, great people and awesome gelato.

Joliet, IL
9. Re: Help!!

Just wanted to update everyone. The new gelato place is La Coppa Artisan Gelato. Very friendly staff and excellent gelato. They don't quite have flavor combinations as interesting as Paciugo did (the weird ones no one else would think of), but still wonderful. I ate a quart of Sea Salt Caramel and Mozart (Chocolate & Pistachio) all by myself!

Wisconsin
10. Re: Help!!

Thanks for the update! I'll have to try this place out - can never have too much ice cream or gelato!