We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 4
Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

Is there any road transport travelling direct from Madison to Des Moines? We want to get to Des Moines mid morning and all the info I have been able to find takes all day. We are going to the Quilt Show in Des Moines if anyone knows if there may be a bus organised?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 11
1. Re: Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

I really think that your only option is to rent a car. It will still take you four plus hours to drive there. It is nearly 300 miles.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

I would not plan it as a day trip. I would plan on spending at least one night in Des Moines and if you want to spend a good part of the day at the show you probably need to allow two nights in Des Moines and travel the day before and after.

As far as a charter bus to the show, I'm not sure how you would find out. You might look at the website for the show or you might google quilt clubs in Madison. If there is such a club they might be able to help you arrange transportation.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 20
3. Re: Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

I'm not sure if it will help, but this is the one Madison Quilters Guild I see around town from time to time: http://www.madcityquilters.org/

Up North
reviews: 11
4. Re: Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

If driving is not an option, your next best bet might be a flight (change in Chicago). Current fares are around $250 r/t at the low end.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 180
5. Re: Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

The usual suspects of MegaBus, Jefferson Bus Lines and Badger Bus won't run you west into Des Moines. Dane County Regional AP (MSN) has the major rental carriers that can facilitate a road trip. If you have a larger party, chartering a bus is a consideration. Best of luck!

Australia
reviews: 4
6. Re: Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

Thank you everyone, we will look at car hire I think. Seems there is no transport direct. Time spent travelling is the issue.

7. Re: Transport direct Madison to Des Moines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 08, 2014