We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edgewater Hotel and Admiralty Room closed?

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 11
Edgewater Hotel and Admiralty Room closed?

I was just looking to see if the Edgewater would be serving dinner again on Christmas and saw on their website that they say they are closing this month for TWO years for renovations. Did they get the final go ahead for the big project? If I remember right the neighborhood was really balking at their plans. That's a long time for a business to be closed.

Up North
1. Re: Edgewater Hotel and Admiralty Room closed?

Yes, the project won approval and is moving forward. I found this link that describes it a bit:

…madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politic…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
2. Re: Edgewater Hotel and Admiralty Room closed?

Thanks. I remember the controversy. ; ). I had forgotten that Mayor Dave had pushed for it.

Pam

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 17
3. Re: Edgewater Hotel and Admiralty Room closed?

With both the Edge and the Frederick Center closed, it is much harder to find hotel rooms downtown, especially on football weekends. It's also been hard on the employees, many of whom were let go with no notice, and who are not eligible for UC benefits.

I was happy that Mayor Soglin stood his ground and didn't give them all of the TIF money that they were seeking, AND he gave them only a few weeks to get the paperwork in. With such a beautiful location and so much development money out there, I never felt the City needed to contribute so much for this upgrade.

That being said, it is a beautiful, historic building, and I'm glad that some of it is being saved in its original splendor!

4. Re: Edgewater Hotel and Admiralty Room closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 17, 2013