We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madison over October 18-21

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winona, Minnesota
Madison over October 18-21

We are from Minnesota and I'd like to plan a visit over our MEA (school teachers conference/no school weekend). Can anyone tell me if Wisconsin schools do something similar that weekend where kids would be out of school those days as well? We are planning to do all the "kids stuff" and stay at the Holiday Inn with the small water park and I'd love to avoid crowds that weekend! I was informed there was a Badgers game that weekend also. Thanks!

Wisconsin
reviews: 48
1. Re: Madison over October 18-21

My husband is a WI teacher and there is no educator's convention Oct 18-21. In looking through district calendars, I don't see that there are "no school" days over your travel dates. The WI music educator's convention is Oct 24-27 in Madison, so that won't conflict with your dates wither.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn many times with our kids as well. Our children are ages 5 and 7 and enjoy the waterpark. I think it may be a bit small for older kids (teenagers), but it's still a nice facility and the only one of it's kind in Madison.

My experience is that the downtown area gets crazy during Badger games, but you should not experience the crowds on the west side (Holiday Inn area). You may want to book your room now though as I know that all area hotels fill up fast during football season.

2. Re: Madison over October 18-21

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 23, 2013