We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 20
Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

Just found out yesterday my husband and I could get tickets to the Wisconsin v Michigan St game on 10/27. Already looked on hotel sites and anything close to the stadium is full due to game and Halloween weekend. From other postings, people have stated hotels/restaurants have shuttle services on game days. What hotels/restaurants with shuttles are recommended? We are okay staying a little farther from the stadium and taking a shuttle in and shuttle/taxi out. Any other information is greatly appreciated for this weekend!

Wisconsin
reviews: 15
1. Re: Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

Check with Bonfyre Restaurant (located on the beltline (Hwy 12/18) between Fish Hatchery Rd and Verona Road. Seems to me that last year I would get regular e-mails with info about their shuttle. It's a great restaurant, would highly recommend it.

Edited: 3:30 pm, August 30, 2012
Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 17
2. Re: Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

The Great Dane at Hilldale has one that I've ridden. Just google shuttle to badger football game and you'll get a lot of them. Be sure to go beyond the first page! Most of them leave 1 hour before game time from the bars and restaurants.

You can also bring up a list of available hotel rooms, and then call the hotels to see whether they run a shuttle to the game. If they don't, they should know of any places nearby that do.

If all else fails, you can park in Lot 60 near the UW Hospital for $5 and take a shuttle from there to the game.

Evanston, Illinois
reviews: 27
3. Re: Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

Not sure about bars/restaurants, but as above poster says, you can take the $5 Bucky Bus from the UW Hospital lots or downtown Madison parking ramps. Just google Bucky Bus. Madison Metro used to run a "stadium shuttle" from State St. to Camp Randall on game days, but I couldn't find it on their website. It appears to have replaced by the #6 bus, which generally runs the same route for$2/1-way. Anyways, On Wisconsin!

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 50
4. Re: Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

The Vintage Brew Pub on Whitney has a free bus which goes to Camp Randall.

http://vintagebrewingcompany.com/

"FREE Badgers Football Shuttle Service

Avoid the hassels of parking downtown during home Badgers football games and let us shuttle you to and from! Our shuttle will leave Vintage Brewing Co. (VBC) one hour before each game, swing by the downtown Vintage Spirits and Grill (VSG) for another pick up, and then head to Camp Randall Stadium. Approximately one hour after the end of the game the shuttle will leave the stadium and stop at VSG prior to heading to VBC. (Arrival and departure times are approximate. We ask our patrons to please park on the west side of the building (side parking lot) when planning on taking the shuttle.)"

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 20
5. Re: Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

Thank you for the responses! We actually found a room at the Edgewater for "cheap" and we are walking to the game. Now we just need to find a couple of places to go and tailgate.

Eau Claire...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

Monk's in Middleton at the corner of Hwy 14 and the Beltline is a good option and good food too. This is on Madison's West side and there is a Hilton Garden Inn, Residence Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Country Inn & Suites, Fairfield, and a Staybridge all close by at Greenway Station.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
7. Re: Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

If you get an early start you might think of walking to the Capitol for the Farmers Market. It's one of the largest in the country and truly a sight to see. That would probably be about an extra 4 blocks.

Or, you could just walk down to State Street where you will find lots of restaurants on your way to Camp Randall. If you are not interested in the State Street area I would just walk down Langdon Street from the Edgewater to the campus and wind thru the campus to get to Camp Randall.

We usually end up at the Stadium Bar, which is directly across Monroe Street from Camp Randall. They have decent burgers and a limited menu on game days, but an unlimited bar menu. In my opinion it's the best pre game bar in town, but I'm sure others have their favorites.

8. Re: Badger Game - Accomadations/Restaurants w Shuttles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 15, 2013