We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary ideas?

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anniversary ideas?

My wife and I are heading to Madison for one, possibly two nights to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. We were planning on going back to Vegas like we did for our honeymoon, but couldn't get our family to watch our kids that long.

We go to taste of Madison every year and are planning on hitting that first on Saturday afternoon.

I have always wanted to get a side by side couples massage and looking for ideas on that too.

Most of the reveiws on spas are fairly old and want to go somewhere that is still good.

We'd like to stay somewhere with a hottub afterwards.

We might stop at the art museum Sunday or Monday if its open.

The rest of the time is open for whatever.

Any ideas on good places to make it special?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Wisconsin
reviews: 16
1. Re: Anniversary ideas?

Porta Bella is kind of romantic, laid back and casual. Fresco is trendy with great food - it's on the top of the Overture Center. A cruise on the Betty Lou could be fun but I can'thY give any opinion on the food.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 11
2. Re: Anniversary ideas?

I know I must sound like a shill for L'Etoille, but the food, the service, the setting, it's the best.

Pam

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 76
3. Re: Anniversary ideas?

I'd say do something on the lake (paddleboat?) or just take a walk or visit a park along the shore.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 50
4. Re: Anniversary ideas?

Betty Lou cruises are fun, the food was decent but not extraordinary the last time I went on one. It can be very relaxing though. I'm going to give Sardine and Tempest a try this weekend as they're both supposed to be very good: Sardine is right on the lake. I'd think either place could make your trip special.

Madison, Wi
reviews: 70
5. Re: Anniversary ideas?

You mentioned that you were looking for a recommendation for couples' massages where you're in the same room. My DH and I have done this a couple of times at Oasis Day Spa in the Princeton Club West on Watts Rd. After the massage, you also get about a half hour in a jacuzzi, which is very nice after the massage.

You may also want to consider staying at the Mansion Hill Inn or the Hilton downtown as part of your stay.

Fresco is lovely for dinner-great view and good food.Also consider craft cocktails at Merchant and/or dinner at Graze.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
6. Re: Anniversary ideas?

For unique setting try Quivey's Grove:

http://www.quiveysgrove.com/

www.madisonoriginals.com/restaurant/?id=26

Edited: 10:55 am, October 10, 2012
7. Re: Anniversary ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 15, 2013