We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grandstay, Madison, WI

Which Madison hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Olympia, Washington
reviews: 27
Grandstay, Madison, WI

I posted a review of the Grandstay in Madison on 8/15/12. I can't find any option to amend that review so I am adding to it here. The following morning after my terrible night's sleep, the general manager, Amy contacted me. I had emailed the hotel in the middle of the night out of sheer frustration. Amy was gracious and apologetic and offered us a full refund. Based on how the management treated me, I would definately upgrade my review...and if passing through Madison again, I would give this place another try...just not stay in room 317! Very impressed with Amy the manager.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 20
1. Re: Grandstay, Madison, WI

I wouldn't worry too much - the Grandstay has over 40 good and excellent reviews, so a bad one that was recanted doesn't stick out too much! You may get PMs from people asking whether management did anything to rectify the situation the next morning, and you can then tell how you got comped.

Most people read a lot of reviews to get a balanced look at a hotel, in my opinion. Don't lose any more sleep over posting before you got results from the hotel!

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 50
2. Re: Grandstay, Madison, WI

This one?

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Olympia, Washington
reviews: 27
3. Re: Grandstay, Madison, WI

Amy, the manager followed through with exactly what she said she'd do. Our credit card was immediately credited. And I want to say the room was very nice and clean. The noise in the wall from the a/c (or whatever it was) was my only issue, and the bottom line is, you are there to sleep.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
4. Re: Grandstay, Madison, WI

While we have family in Madison (where I grew up), when we're in town with grandkids we always choose Grandstay. It's been fantastic every time and an amazing value. One of the key elements has been friendly interaction by management with guests. Glad all worked out.

5. Re: Grandstay, Madison, WI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, December 17, 2013